PDA

View Full Version : Summer holiday activities

Monkey26
29-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Just wondering what sort of activities everyone gets up to in the school holidays when they have lots of children of varying ages??

It may not be everyones cup of tea but we go out every morning in the holidays mainly to exert some energy (:laughing: ) - then the little ones stick to their usual routine (well, i can but try!!) and have a nap after their lunch which gives me some time with the older children... unless we are on a full day trip that is!

This is the first summer i will not be taking a week off (as having lots of time off between November and January - wedding, honeymoon etc :D ) and am really struggling to think of ideas for that extra week HAHA! xx

miss mopple
29-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Faves here are

Denbuilding in the woods
Bug hunts
Playing at local park in the fountians
trips to nature reserve
bowling (get there before 10 and its £1 a head)
farm visits
museums (they usually have a summer programme and its free)
days at home doing crafts ( they love clay modelling)

I usually ask the kids for suggestions and they all contribute to what we do

TheBTeam
29-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Woods, den building, bug hunting, nature hunt, pick your own fruit and veg farm, local museums, walks, specially targeted shopping trips, large fields with few outdoor resources, water parks, animal farms, zoo, mud pies and messy crafts, junk modelling, large outdoor group art, parks and playgrounds, free childrens centre activities and fun days, Cathedral, making pizzas and then having them for lunch, fruit kebabs (fairly simple cooking ideas to eat at the time).

Monkey26
30-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys :) I only have one or two days to fill now but that shouldn't be too hard! Haha the weather will probably change anyways and everything will go up in the air... does every holiday but i like to have some idea of what we are going to be getting up too :thumbsup: xx