PDA

View Full Version : Sending off applications

Fraggle1
29-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Hiya!

Righty, if I sent off my application to register to Ofsted, would they then send someone out to me or send me a CRB application form first? Also, if they send out the CRB and I can fill in that and send it off then is it ok if I haven't done all my courses yet? My last course is the First Aid which is on 7th and 14th August but it just seems daft not to get the CRB going through whilst I'm waiting....I'm getting policies and procedures in place and am getting a good understanding of EYFS and how my setting should be etc...just seems a shame to finish my first aid and then have to possibly wait for up to 12 weeks to get registered? Thanks for any thoughts on this in advance :o) xx

flowerpots
29-06-2010, 04:43 PM
hi, it might work differently where you are but with me, i sent off my app form to ofsted. ofsted then sent me an info pack which included a crb, i filled out all the bits and then on the visit the inspector filled out what i.d she had seen. Ofsted will also send you a health decleration in the pack which you need to fill in and get signed by your doc. hth:rolleyes:

gemival
29-06-2010, 07:09 PM
hi fraggle :)
you thinking about doing your application to. I have already done my first aid so only got few left most prob same as you i need to get my health dec filled in and sort some references out. i still not 100 % sure on the whole crb forms might ask her tomorrow night she may be able to clear it up. But i think we get them when we send the application pack off.
Hope you well see you tomorrow for another fun evening he he

Gemma x

Fraggle1
29-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Hiya Gemma!
Yeah, keep thinking about filling it all in but keep getting different advice on to when to send it. Asked my friend today and she said that once we've filled in the application and ofsted receive it then yes, they will send out the CRB form.....just unsure as to when they come out then....once we have CRB clearance or before - arggghhhhh I'm sure it will all become clear soon - bloomin hope so anyway!! ha ha ha
Yeah, see you tomorrow hun - hope she's managed to get us those packs! :) xx

MrsShell
30-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Hi. I am not sure if it is different depending on what area you are in but I sent my application off in May to Ofsted.

They sent me back my CRB form to complete together with a Identity Verification form. They also sent another Health Declaration form (but I had already got mine signed by my doctor so didnt need it.)

I then got a call to arrange my pre-reg inspection. The inspector told me over the phone to complete my CRB form and to get someone to complete the Identity Verification form, as the inspectors no longer do it at their visit.

I got a solicitor friend to complete mine but there is a list of other professional people you can use.

I then sent my CRB form and Verification form back to Ofsted. I did this before the inspector came for my pre-reg inspection.

I have now received my CRB and am waiting for my Certificate to arrive!

I hope this makes sense and helps a bit.

Michelle x :laughing:

Fraggle1
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks Michelle - that helps alot! Finally made up my mind now when I'm going to go ahead with things etc... feel so much better now I've got a time in mind :) xx

gemival
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks michelle also helped me loads.

I think i gonna drop my health dec off at docs tomorrow get that bit done and send my registration off end of next week got big plans to finish all jobs that need doing why hubby off for the week then i know house is done just need get some more policies done not to many do now thank goodness hope i done them all correct :)

see you saturday fraggle

Gemma x

Fraggle1
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Exciting times Gemma! :) I'm waiting til I've done my First Aid and then I'm gonna send everything off....also gives me a couple of months to sort house and start policies etc.....ooooo I'm excited!! :) See you Saturday! xx