PDA

View Full Version : starting child minding and worried about floors???

karen-ing
28-06-2010, 03:01 PM
hi all, i'm karen and i am new to all of this i have 5 children of my own already and wish to stay at home and not go back to my job as i find it really sresfull/hard to get my own children looked after..... so i have decided to become a childminder but i have heard that ofstead can make you change things in your home and i am worried about my floors?? i have tiled flooring in he kitchen and hall and wood flooring in the lounge? i have one room downstairs which has carpet tho was just wandering if there will be any problems with this?? thanks in advance :D xx

Emz
28-06-2010, 05:32 PM
welcome to the forum.

I only have carpet on my stairs and landing and this posed no problem with ofsted. Its easier to clean also.

I guess as long as you get around to risk assessing it then it will be fine.

Good luck hun x

WibbleWobble
28-06-2010, 05:45 PM
i am same as Emz

i have a hard floor RA and policy....kids wear non slipon slippers or slipper socks. No running and no polish to be used on the floor. etc

mrs o commented on how lovely my original tiled hall and wooden floors were when she came for my pre reg visit

mandy xxx

karen m
28-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I have wooden floors in hall,lounge and tiles in kitchen has never been mention by ofsted

Mookins
28-06-2010, 06:35 PM
wish we had wooden flooring again..i stupidly chose cream coloured carpets when we moved here:(
what an idiot

xx x x

karen-ing
28-06-2010, 06:43 PM
phew!! lol aww thanks everyone for answering me :D panick over now then i was starting to worry about it :/ very true about it been easier to keep clean :D i have a carpet in one room witch i will probs use a s the play room? xx

AndreeaM
28-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I have tiles in the kitchen and the rest is wooden floors; ofsted came for inspection last month and didn't mention anything!!! So not to worry!

Playmate
28-06-2010, 07:14 PM
We have tiles kitchen, hall and dinning room and laminate in lounge and playroom, Ofsted commented on how practical our house was for children :clapping:

karen-ing
28-06-2010, 07:23 PM
omg i cant believe how long this takes to put up the posts!! lol xx

Pauline
29-06-2010, 06:18 AM
omg i cant believe how long this takes to put up the posts!! lol xx

it is only for a short time, new members posts are moderated to keep spammers out who try to post disgusting links. Myself and the moderators work as quickly as we can but do work too, so have to moderate when we can get on line :)

flowerpots
29-06-2010, 01:29 PM
im the same, i have wooden flooring through-out downstairs except for the 'playroom'. good luck with registering.

The Juggler
29-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I have laminate floor in my hall (with no risk assessment or policy:blush: ) , carpeted lounge and stairs and lino in kitchen and by back door. Never been a problem. I'd like wooden or lino right through - my carpet is wrecked:laughing:

padpad83
29-06-2010, 08:17 PM
mine was never mentioned today at my pre reg visit, i've got laminate in front room & tiles in the kitchen the only carpet ive got is up stairs, but i cant see it being a problem for you! good luck on your journey to becoming a childminder :)

gigglinggoblin
29-06-2010, 08:42 PM
never even occurred to me to risk assess the floor! And I wont be doing so, you have to draw a line somewhere. I have tiles in playroom and no one has ever mentioned anything.

karen-ing
29-06-2010, 10:00 PM
okies no worries pauline! :D lol ahh thanks everyone for your response :D i not worrying about that now thankyou xx