PDA

View Full Version : 1 yr old obs help please

sandy64
27-06-2010, 06:36 PM
hi ive a 1yr old who ive had for 6 weeks when i started with her she wasnt crawling now shes standing saying words etc ive marked her development stage on chart and what shes done but im finding its nearly every day shes doing new things obviously i cant note everythink but would you do as a wow or a observation? so far ive done crawling as obs then when shed been standing a week i took photo and wrote on back but as theres so much im not sure how the best way to note it all without getting bogged down with paper work any advice please can you tell ive not minded a baby for a few yrs lol:laughing:

catswhiskers
27-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Do you do a daily diary? If so, just put everything baby is doing in there - you can't remember everything of course but just do what you can.

I just do one main observation every month or so (like just starting to walk) e.g. with a photo, what they are doing and next steps - will provide walkers, hold hands to kick a ball etc.

sarah707
27-06-2010, 08:19 PM
You could start an 'I Can' list for the child...

I can say xx

I can walk

I can wave my arms around...

Link each 'I Can' statement with a date so it shows progression. :D

sandy64
28-06-2010, 07:24 AM
You could start an 'I Can' list for the child...

I can say xx

I can walk

I can wave my arms around...

Link each 'I Can' statement with a date so it shows progression. :D

thanks sarah never thought of that i do the i can i got from you for evidence for development matters sometimes i think im looking to deep lol thanks again your a star
hi catswhiskers yes i do a daily diary as well but also wanted to put in lj thanks

Zoomie
28-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I find I can have obs daily for a whole week, and then nothing for a week or two.

Obs are just like buses ... :laughing: