PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

marzi
27-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I have seen one lady and she has said she would like me to provide care. All well and good, but I haven't heard from her since I told her what the deposit would be. My own fault, I was rubbish at the initial meeting and totally forgot to even mention deposit.

I have a lady coming tomorrow, obviously will mention deposit this time!

I would like to know what you would do if this 2nd parent would like to go ahead? She knows I'm waiting to hear from parent 1. Would you give the space to whoever pays the deposit first or would you wait and give parent 1 the space?

I'd made the appt with parent 2 before I heard back from parent 1. Parent 2 I would need a variation as its for twins. Parent 2 is more money. I can't do both as they are all under 1 year old and times and days would overlap. Both need care from august.

Sorry its a bit of a long post x

SaijaM
27-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Could you perhaps call Parent 1 and ask if they wish to secure the place...?
As otherwise of course you will have to take care of your business and move on .. can't wait for too long or you might lose a client if Parent 1 decides to say no afterall .. hmm?

Hope it all goes well,
Saija xx

Mookins
27-06-2010, 06:56 PM
agree with saija...call parent one mention parent 2 is waiting they may realise they might lose you and decide to go ahead which is better for you as its more money
then go from there...

if no get on the phone to parent 2 and say yes aslong as you can get a variation x

marzi
28-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Well parent 2 has been and said they are seeing other people but will let me know and i emailed parent 1 to ask her if she'd like a copy of my parent information pack sent out as I didnt have them when i saw her so hopefully thats broken the ice and i'll hear from someone soon x Thanks for the advice