PDA

View Full Version : funny little insect

TheBTeam
23-06-2010, 07:17 PM
The last couple of days I have noticed what appears to be tiny little bits of white fluff floating around outside, well today i noticed it has wings and is flying not floating!:eek: They are really really odd, like little fluffy white gnat things, never seen them before, but one landed on me today, wonder where they came from?

AliceK
23-06-2010, 07:49 PM
We had loads (and I mean LOADS) of them about 2 / 3 weeks ago, it kind of freaked me out a bit actually :blush: . They were there for about 3 days and then disappeared.

xxxx

sarah707
23-06-2010, 07:57 PM
They are talking about them here -

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3906&page=3

They suggest it might be the Hackberry wooly aphid. :huh:

They are in America and Canada on this forum...

I wonder if it's the same thing?

:D

Mookins
23-06-2010, 08:17 PM
they are called
"freakus outus"

they cansometimes come in their droves usually when you are just settled on your sun loungers covered in gloopy sunscreen, and then they attack:blush:

when they land on you you feel and tickle and go to wipe it away and find that its actually sent out signls to itscomrades to join them

can cause:
severe scartching-of the head when you try to think what it may be
paranoia- that there are more on you
and change of direction-when you see more heading your way you run
lol
;)
x x x

Alibali
23-06-2010, 08:25 PM
they are called
"freakus outus"

they cansometimes come in their droves usually when you are just settled on your sun loungers covered in gloopy sunscreen, and then they attack:blush:

when they land on you you feel and tickle and go to wipe it away and find that its actually sent out signls to itscomrades to join them

can cause:
lol
;)
x x x

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
23-06-2010, 08:41 PM
they are called
"freakus outus"

can cause:
lol
;)
x x x

:laughing: :laughing: It has seemed the last couple of years we have a plague of insect things that I have never seen before, these are just ultra creepy cos there white and fluffy!

miffy
23-06-2010, 08:44 PM
they are called
"freakus outus"

can cause:
lol
;)
x x x
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
23-06-2010, 08:44 PM
They are talking about them here -

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3906&page=3

They suggest it might be the Hackberry wooly aphid. :huh:

They are in America and Canada on this forum...

I wonder if it's the same thing?

:D

I looked at the website above and one of the comments had a link to a picture and yes that is what they look like, just creepy cos I thought it was fluff the first time then the second one i noticed had wings and i have seen a few today, one came in the front window a while ago.

Mookins
23-06-2010, 08:46 PM
we get swarms of ladybirds here, last year was awful scooping them up in spades!!
but i have friends over in devon and some of them havent seen any for over 12 yrs:eek:

Blaze
23-06-2010, 09:50 PM
they are called
"freakus outus"

can cause:
lol
;)
x x x

:) :) Thank you Mookins - I really needed that laugh (it's been a really rubbish day)!:thumbsup: