PDA

View Full Version : Childcare paid by the Jobcentre.

Schmamm
22-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, another question from me I am afraid :)

Have seen someone looking for a childminder and their ad says that the Jobcentre is paying for the childcare. Has anyone done this b4 as I was going to contact the person, but I don't want anything to complicated for my first mindees if it isn't straight forward.

Just don't want to start out and it all gets messed up if that makes sense :)

Chell
22-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I had a one off payment from the Job Centre, they were paying the first week of the childcare before the tax credits were sorted. It took 7 weeks to receive the payment.

cuddlybunny38
23-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I have friend who has looked after a little girl for 2 yrs and been paid by the uni, but mum has now left and told my friend that the job center are now going to pay minder full time money while mum is job hunting, I said it doesnt sound right that means mum is not earning anything, having her daughter looked after full time and doesnt pay a penny.

sarah707
23-06-2010, 04:49 PM
You will get your money... but it might take a veeeeery long time!

there's no point chasing it or adding late fees, just accept it will be slow :D

clio0602
23-06-2010, 04:51 PM
My friend who is a cm looks after a 6yr old in the sch hols and is paid by the jobcentre. She has to invoice them and they then pay her. Took a while for the first payment to come through but been fine after that. HTH

Monkey26
23-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I had a little boy whose childcare was paid for by the job centre, the first payment took approx 7 weeks but after that it was every fortnight :) x

It's a small world
23-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi

I too had mindees fees paid by the job centre. I had to go in and speak to the lady dealing with parent and give her my details and fee amounts etc.

I had money in my account within 2 weeks of mindee starting.

Nothing to worry very straight forward they just need to know how much fees are as parents will only get a certain amount. My parent had start up help which meant they got money for things like clothes for job interviews etc and whatever was left over went towards my fees and parent had to make costs up if childcare costs didnt cover fees.

Hope that helps.? It is very straight forward and not complicated if I can understand it anyone can.

netty
23-06-2010, 08:06 PM
i have a little one who is paided for by job center and iam still waiting to be paid for march, april and may, very slow at paying and will not discuss anything with you.
Netty x