PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Usage??

Tribe_mummy
22-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi all

just been reading through about space required oer child etc and noticed that Ofsted don't include your kitchen hallways etc in their measurements in their calculations, this has got me a bit worried now as my kitchen is the largest room in my house! Its a large kitchen/diner and we practically live in it...if they don't incude it then surely this is going to affect my numbers, wondering if its all going to be worth it now :(

singlewiththree
22-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I have a kitchen/diner and they have included it in mine, just not included the part of it that has the kitchen units in it. So try not to worry too much. I call it my "day room" as its the room we are in for most of the day, doesn't get the parents worried then that I am letting their children play in my kitchen! :)

Tribe_mummy
22-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a kitchen/diner and they have included it in mine, just not included the part of it that has the kitchen units in it. So try not to worry too much. I call it my "day room" as its the room we are in for most of the day, doesn't get the parents worried then that I am letting their children play in my kitchen! :)

Oh ok so they will let you count that space then? My kitchen has two sides fitted with cupboards in an L shape from end to end then the other two walls are free so do you think they would find it suitable, its about 18FT X 13FT(wall to wall) thanks

gigglinggoblin
22-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Despite what you may have heard Ofsted are quite good with common sense, I am sure it will be fine!

Tribe_mummy
22-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Despite what you may have heard Ofsted are quite good with common sense, I am sure it will be fine!

Thanks I hope so :)

miffy
22-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I also think it will be OK - don't worry. :)

Miffy xx

funfunfun
22-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I worried about this when i first started thinking about becoming a cm i even got the tape measure out :) :laughing:

It wasnt a problem though when they came to see me , would have registered me for 6 if i hadnt had 2 of my own un the early years age range!

Dont worry you will be fine .

Tribe_mummy
22-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks all, I need to stop worrying about everything!! Will take my stressy head off and put my happy head back on! :laughing: