PDA

View Full Version : DHC Unit 4 DCBA

bandlady
20-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi

I am really struggling with this unit and wondered if anyone could just give me some help with any of the above.

Thanks
Denise

Pipsqueak
20-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Tell us the questions and we can give the hints and ideas!!:)

bandlady
20-06-2010, 01:44 PM
That would be a good idea!!

D Explain how and when the practitioner should breach condifentiality

C Explain the importance of respecting and valuing different family structures

B Analyse the benefits of home-based care

A Evaluate the concept of working in partnership with parents

I have lots of different ideas going around in my head I just cannot seem to put them to paper.

I should have handed this assignment in on Friday but because of family pressures (very poorly father in law and father) was unable to do so.

Thanks

Denise

Pipsqueak
20-06-2010, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=bandlady;729958]That would be a good idea!!

D Explain how and when the practitioner should breach condifentiality

You would breach confidentiality if there was a suspected safeguarding concern.
you also could not hold onto a 'secret' if a child told you something that was of significant concern - ie being bullied

C Explain the importance of respecting and valuing different family structures
Talk about - each family is different in views, beliefs, routines, culture etc - reference this one to A

B Analyse the benefits of home-based care
have a look on NCMA website for lots of info
home based childcare is more intimate, less 'formal' similar environment to what the child experiences when with parents, able to go with the flow more as less children to consider, not constrained by the setting, permissions already in place,

A Evaluate the concept of working in partnership with parents
by working with parents we understand the child better, we can work in a similar manner to the parents (reference this one back to C), the sharing of information for a consistent approach etc.
when they say evaluate you can talk about the difficulties that some parents are not forthcoming with information, there may be language or learning difficulty barriers, lack of understand on the parents part about why we need to know -ie/ the child has not slept properly etc

bandlady
20-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Thank you Pipsqueak your help is greatly appreciated

Denise