PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Cuba? OR anyone got any recomendation for over christmas....

Fabby
19-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I am going to book the 2weeks off work for over christmas and new year with not having anytime off inbetween. I am really thinking of booking a holiday to Cuba for a week, be there for christmas day and back for new year. Ive always fancied Cuba, just for the beaches really. Have any of you been who could tell me more about it or do any of you know anything about Cuba?? :)

Hebs
19-06-2010, 08:33 PM
no but i do fancy it myself once the kids are a bit older x

Fabby
19-06-2010, 08:37 PM
i dont mind where we go, just fancy somewhere hot and a beach for over christmas! So any recomendations are welcome ;)

Monkey1
19-06-2010, 08:38 PM
My Friends sister is there on her honeymoon at the moment and she says its like paradise!

Hebs
19-06-2010, 08:49 PM
we are off to Cape Verde Islands in feb :thumbsup:

Egypt is good all year round

well i guess anywhere is better than the UK :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
19-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Would love to hear, thinking about getting married in cuba :thumbsup:

The Juggler
19-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Would love to hear, thinking about getting married in cuba :thumbsup:

ooh! when?

Helen Dempster
20-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I went to Cuba earlier this year and would THOROUGHLY recommend it! We stayed in Havana for 3 nights to do all the tourist stuff, then on to Varadero (which was paradise!) I really want to go back there one day - wish I was still there now!!! We stayed for 14 nights, and that wasn't long enough to see/do everything we wanted to. Swim with the dolphins in Varadero if you go - that was the best experience ever!

Roseolivia
20-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Never been to Cuba but we went to France skiing last year for Christmas and i loved it.

LOOPYLISA
20-06-2010, 09:16 AM
ooh! when?

You tell me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tbh we are happy as we are, but i do want to get married and we do have a look, we would love a beach wedding,and cuba did come up :thumbsup:

The Juggler
20-06-2010, 09:19 AM
You tell me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tbh we are happy as we are, but i do want to get married and we do have a look, we would love a beach wedding,and cuba did come up :thumbsup:

a beach wedding does sound lovely - you gonna invite all your forum friends? be nice to have an excuse to go to Cuba??:laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
20-06-2010, 09:36 AM
a beach wedding does sound lovely - you gonna invite all your forum friends? be nice to have an excuse to go to Cuba??:laughing: :laughing:

You will ALL be invited :laughing:

Fabby
20-06-2010, 04:24 PM
WELL, IVE BOOKED IT!!!!!!! Going 19th December back in UK 27th, 1 week all inclusive staying in Sol Melia Cayo Coco, Cayo Coco, Cuba ADULTS ONLY hotel!!!!!! i cant flamming wait!!!!!! Couldn't send the email out quick enough to let parents know :laughing:

Monkey1
20-06-2010, 05:15 PM
well done!:thumbsup:

solly
20-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Went to cayo coco about 7 years ago and had a fantastic holiday, we stayed at hotel cayo coco as we had the children. The beaches are fantastic and you can walk out about a mile out without it going above your waist:)
We had a trip to Havana which was very educational and drank in ernest Hemingways bar.
we also swam with the dolphins which was brilliant.:) Both trips were done by going on a plane as it is alot quicker

You should have a lovely time:)

The Juggler
20-06-2010, 08:30 PM
have fun!:)

maisiemog
21-06-2010, 10:25 AM
We're off to Cuba in Sept 2011 for my sisters wedding. Haven't booked it yet though as she hasn't decided which hotel she wants to stay at so far but she's defo getting married there and that month.

I'm already excited about it and its not booked! A bit nervous about it though as DD will only be 3 and its a long flight etc but as she's being a bridesmaid she kinda has to be there!

auntym
21-06-2010, 11:52 AM
sis in law went egypt last yr at xmas and would go back every year!! :)

Fabby
21-06-2010, 11:55 AM
ive never been away at christmas before, always had a very traditional christmas day but just fancied a change this year so it is a white sandy beach!!! :clapping: