PDA

View Full Version : What should we be observing?

louise-marie
19-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Could I just ask what sorts of things others observe in children?

thanks all x

The Juggler
19-06-2010, 08:57 PM
it's so hard to define hon, but broadly anything that makes you sit up and take note like mini wow moments.

Also if you are worried they are not developing in a certain area then you might focus on looking for that kind of play.:)

Don't worry too much, once you start, you'll be wanting to write down everything they do (I have trouble limiting myself to only a few per month):laughing:

Carol M
19-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Not sure what you want to know but I observe "THE WHOLE PICTURE" which is just that! Absolutely anything and everything about the child.
Carol x

sarah707
20-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Look at the eyfs age and stage of development information for the child and pick out ideas of what he might be doing.

Remember that the Eyfs does not contain everything a child does... instead it gives a broad overview.

Then spot things the child does / ways the child plays / language the child uses / things the child enjoys etc.

You can either write them up with a photo; write them up as stand alone obs or if it's something special write it up as a wow moment.

A wow moment is something the child does that makes you think 'wow' they've really got it!!

Hth :D