PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful World of Harry Potter..............

Beckieboo
18-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Is finally open to the public!! I know some of us on here go to Florida! :clapping: I for one have been keeping my eye on this since it first broke the news and i am sooo excited to go!! I woke the kids up early this morning as it was GMTV!! :laughing: :laughing:

It looks absolutely fantastic, icant wait to try "ButterBeer" and experience the new rides!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Showbiz-News

I know i am Florida mad, love every aspect of it! Am i the only person on the forum looking forward to visiting???? :laughing:

Come on, I bet im not!!:thumbsup: :jump for joy:

SYLVIA
18-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Me and my partner are going in September. We saw it being built last year and dear other half has been following its progress ever since. It looks so good. We are going for the early breakfast before it gets too busy

Hebs
18-06-2010, 11:50 AM
sorry but it should have been built in the uk :(

Beckieboo
18-06-2010, 11:51 AM
We went in October so it was under construction, it looked fantastic! We are going in January, so hopefully it wont be as busy! Ive been on Dibb most days keeping up with progress, it just looks fantastic!!

I looked at staying in one of the Universal resort hotels for one night so we can get the front of the line passes free! I think we may well do this!

Have a fab time!! :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Beckieboo
18-06-2010, 11:53 AM

I know what you mean, it's just gives us more reason to go Florida, although we dont really need an excuse!! :laughing:

Hebs
18-06-2010, 11:54 AM
I know what you mean, it's just gives us more reason to go Florida, although we dont really need an excuse!! :laughing:

i've never been and have no real intentions to go either :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
18-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I would love it to have been in the UK, but our weather :rolleyes:

no intention of going to Florida on my hols, but would have gone if it was over here for a day or 2

wendywu
18-06-2010, 12:18 PM
[
QUOTE=Hebs;728873]sorry but it should have been built in the uk :([/QUOTE]

Its Harry Potter NOT Harry Wet and Miserable. :laughing:

We are going in Oct, i cant wait. Florida is pure childhood as childhood should be. The stuff of dreams.:littleangel:

Mollymop
18-06-2010, 12:20 PM
We go to Florida and ever since I heard the news in 2007 that that they were going to be building a hp world I have been so excited about it!!! I still am! *squeal*

You know at Universal Studios ?? - the massive double rollercoaster ride ?? one blue and one red, i think was called Dueling Dragons, that is now a HP ride re-named something similar, so that must be the site of the new HP world.

I love florida and I can't wait to go again especially now as i am a BIG fan of the HP books
...just got to be able to afford it!!

Hebs
18-06-2010, 12:20 PM
[

Its Harry Potter NOT Harry Wet and Miserable. :laughing:

We are going in Oct, i cant wait. Florida is pure childhood as childhood should be. The stuff of dreams.:littleangel:[/QUOTE]

well lightwater valley, flamingoland and alton towers make plenty of money, and think what it would have done for our country (revenue, jobs etc) but as usual it all goes to the yanks

HARRY POTTER IS BRITISH AND SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mollymop
18-06-2010, 12:22 PM
i've never been and have no real intentions to go either :thumbsup:

WHAT!?? But it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nowhere I would rather go - it's amazing!!!!!:clapping:

Mollymop
18-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd rather go to the sunshine state to HP world than Alton towers - though I know what you are saying and I kinda agree that they should have it here, but FLORIDA is like... WOW!

wendywu
18-06-2010, 12:24 PM
well lightwater valley, flamingoland and alton towers make plenty of money, and think what it would have done for our country (revenue, jobs etc) but as usual it all goes to the yanks

HARRY POTTER IS BRITISH AND SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE UK!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Done Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, and the difference is like comparing a Travel Lodge to the Ritz. :)

wendywu
18-06-2010, 12:33 PM
The one thing i like about theme parks in america is the aspect that they dont put up with any c**p from idiots who in this country like to ruin a day out.

We went to Alton Towers one easter, it was full of travelers, urinating in the corners, swearing and shouting.

In America the rules in all theme parks even the adult ones like Six Flags are No Smoking, No Drinking, No Littering and No Profanity. If you break these rules you will be removed from the park. :clapping:

This is as it should be. :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
18-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Im not a hp fan :blush: :D

But we are looking into going :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
18-06-2010, 12:36 PM
The one thing i like about theme parks in america is the aspect that they dont put up with any c**p from idiots who in this country like to ruin a day out.

We went to Alton Towers one easter, it was full of travelers, urinating in the corners, swearing and shouting.

In America the rules in all theme parks even the adult ones like Six Flags are No Smoking, No Drinking, No Littering and No Profanity. If you break these rules you will be removed from the park. :clapping:

This is as it should be. :clapping:

:thumbsup:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-06-2010, 01:39 PM
We saw it being built last year but cannot afford to go again until another 5 or 6 years it is just so expensive.

Would love to go sooner just love Florida. x

Ripeberry
18-06-2010, 01:57 PM

The weather would be too awful :D

hello kitty
18-06-2010, 02:02 PM
3 weeks today I will be standing in The Wonderful World of Harry Potter. :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

Just picked up tickets today. :D

PixiePetal
18-06-2010, 02:39 PM
3 weeks today I will be standing in The Wonderful World of Harry Potter. :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

photos please!

dawn37
18-06-2010, 03:07 PM
We are going back to Florida next year for my 40th, can't wait to visit Harry Potter world...I do agree though that it should've been built in the UK. Anyone going before next May/June please tell us what it was like :D

Thanks

Dawn

nannymcflea
18-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Hear hear. What has Harry Potter got to do with Florida?

Hebs
18-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Hear hear. What has Harry Potter got to do with Florida?

disney made the movies :rolleyes:

hello kitty
18-06-2010, 04:52 PM
photos please!

With pleasure. :D

Mollymop
18-06-2010, 04:59 PM
disney made the movies :rolleyes:

Warner bros made the movies:D

Hebs
18-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Warner bros made the movies:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

makes even less sense now :D

heatherw
18-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I was in Florida in April and saw what it is going to look like but wasn't allowed inside. I was gutted because initially it was advertised as opening in 'spring'. I didn't think june was spring!!

Beckieboo
18-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Have a fab time...............wish i was going in 3 weeks!!!:thumbsup:

I want a detailed review on your return of ALL that is potter world!!! :laughing: :laughing: