PDA

View Full Version : Eye Laser treatment

heidi p
18-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Going for my eye lasered today, looking forward to it but a bit nervous.
Has anyone else had it done .

carebear25
18-06-2010, 07:06 AM
:( no but VERY jealous, ive been twice and i cant have it done xx

cs01
18-06-2010, 07:08 AM
My husband had it done a few years ago, said it was one of the best decisions he's ever made.

Good luck today :)

sarah707
18-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I have thought about it over the years but I'm not that brave.

Hope it goes well for you! :D

Chimps Childminding
18-06-2010, 07:56 AM
I have thought about it, but lack of pennies I'm afraid!!!! I don't seem to be very high up the list of important things to spend the money on in our house :laughing:

Good luck let us know how it goes!!! :thumbsup:

aly
18-06-2010, 08:55 AM
good luck, I really want this done as I hate glasses and I can't wear contacts...I'm afraid as it is the eyes and I'm squeamish and a scaredy cat:P

:( no but VERY jealous, ive been twice and i cant have it done xx

Did they say why?

Hebs
18-06-2010, 08:57 AM
My ex did and hes now blind in both eyes! X

LOOPYLISA
18-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I will stick to my goggles :thumbsup:

Good luck today though x

David
18-06-2010, 10:27 AM
I had it done last year only needed one eye to be done.
now I have 20/20 vision
down side i am still paying for it

RedDragon
18-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I have always wanted it done but was told my eyesight was too poor.

So I splashed out on big black prescription sunglasses and it has solved 50% of the problem for me - I hate wearing glasses so when there is any sign of sunlight my sunglasses are on - I even wear them in the bath :laughing:

Let us know how you get on.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Good luck would love to have it done. Not enough pennies I am afraid.

Hope it goes well my sil had it done and she has had no problems at all. x

carebear25
18-06-2010, 03:29 PM
good luck, I really want this done as I hate glasses and I can't wear contacts...I'm afraid as it is the eyes and I'm squeamish and a scaredy cat:P

Did they say why?

My cornea is 2 thin for the procedure, only other option was 2 have internal contacts (dont fancy that much) ..... Il stick 2 my glasses (nice new pair) an disposable contacts :)

heidi p
18-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Well had my eyes lasered this morning . Absolutly amazing, NO pain at all could see as soon as I came out, eyes feel abit gritty but have had to lie on the sofa all afternoon and rest which has been fab:) . Anyone who can have it done GO FOR IT best thing ever and I have spread my cost over 10months interest free credit.:thumbsup:

AliceK
18-06-2010, 08:08 PM
That sounds great, you are so brave. Do you have to wear those goggle things to sleep in?
I would love to have it done but I'm too squeamish

xxx

LOOPYLISA
18-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Well had my eyes lasered this morning . Absolutly amazing, NO pain at all could see as soon as I came out, eyes feel abit gritty but have had to lie on the sofa all afternoon and rest which has been fab:) . Anyone who can have it done GO FOR IT best thing ever and I have spread my cost over 10months interest free credit.:thumbsup:

Been thinking of you, glad it went well :thumbsup:

Trouble
18-06-2010, 08:13 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

pleased it went well:D

sonia ann
18-06-2010, 08:19 PM
glad it went well.............would love to have it done but hated anything to do with the eyes when I was nursing :panic: :panic: ...not sure i could go through with it

Heaven Scent
18-06-2010, 11:43 PM
OOOOOHHHHH I'd love to have it done -

2 Questions for those of you who have had it done.

1) Where did you get it done?

2) How much?

What puts me off is the idea of going to somewhere like Ultra Laze or Optical Express as they advertise on TV and it makes them sound like they are on the high street in the same way Vision Express are. I wish I could get it done in a hospital and don't mkind in the least that I should have to pay for it but I do fee it should be done under sterile hospital conditions. So what I'm hoping for now is reassurance that it doesnt feel as though its all about money.

mrs c
19-06-2010, 11:09 AM
My daughter had poor vision (minus 7)and had both eyes lasered at Optimax around 9 mths ago. For the type of treatment my daughter opted for, (typically the most expensive) Ultralase advertised at £4,000, Optical Express £3,000 and Optimax had a £2,000 google offer. She did a free consultation with Optical Express and Optimax and didn't bother with Ultralase. Optical Express did come down in price but not to that of Optimax.
My daughter went with Optimax not because of the price but because they sent out details of the surgeon and she checked out independent reviews/experiences of other people and he was so highly rated and experienced that she felt confident to go ahead. The surgeon and staff wore gowns and the conditions of the room were similar to that of hospital.
She now has 20/20 vision and although she does have some night halo vision with lights she is so pleased to have gone ahead with this.

Because it's your eyes its a big decision to make. Pleased it worked out for you Heidi. :thumbsup:

carebear25
19-06-2010, 01:19 PM

Even more jealous but glad it went well xx

Heaven Scent
19-06-2010, 02:21 PM
My daughter had poor vision (minus 7)and had both eyes lasered at Optimax around 9 mths ago. For the type of treatment my daughter opted for, (typically the most expensive) Ultralase advertised at £4,000, Optical Express £3,000 and Optimax had a £2,000 google offer. She did a free consultation with Optical Express and Optimax and didn't bother with Ultralase. Optical Express did come down in price but not to that of Optimax.
My daughter went with Optimax not because of the price but because they sent out details of the surgeon and she checked out independent reviews/experiences of other people and he was so highly rated and experienced that she felt confident to go ahead. The surgeon and staff wore gowns and the conditions of the room were similar to that of hospital.
She now has 20/20 vision and although she does have some night halo vision with lights she is so pleased to have gone ahead with this.

Because it's your eyes its a big decision to make. Pleased it worked out for you Heidi. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for that information its brilliant - I have two major things I need to spend money on 1 is Laser Eye Treatment and the other are replacement teeth - I would love implants but they are so so very expensive - and I'm worried about going abroad etc etc etc - I think it will be dentures on a bridge - my bones in my gums have just worn away - its genetic and I lived on anti-biotics for years since I was a child so that hasn't helped either. I HATE MONEY - BRING BACK THE BARTER SYSTEM!!!!!!!

katieanna
20-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Glad it went well Heidi!!! xxx

heidi p
23-06-2010, 07:07 AM
I had my eye done at optical express in liverpool one. The staff were fantastic and very reasurring. I paid for the wavefront laser which cost me £1660 for both eyes.But i could of had the £395 per eye as they advertise but cause I get night time glare when I drive decided to get the that one done instead