PDA

View Full Version : ICP Complaining about course?

lauren1979
15-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Am just wondering if this is the norm, I have just completed my initial ICP training course and have a few complaints about the teacher.
As a qualified Adult and Further Ed tutor myself I can easily tell that she follows none of the accepted good teaching practice, even the basics like introducing and concluding a lesson.

She often will slag off mindees she has had and their parents.

Then at our 'business' lesson she actively encouraged us to buy a toy for 20p at a boot sale and file it as 7.50 for the tax return, buy value wipes and put down pampers. I know that a lot of people probably do this type of thing to cover 'other costs' but to suggest what is basically illegal fraud to a new group of trainees just is really wrong.

So I am pretty sure I am going to complain..just wondered about others experiences...

Pipsqueak
15-06-2010, 11:09 AM
That is shocking:eek: You can complain via the feedback sheets - you should also have been told how to make a formal complaint at some point.
Get in contact with your local FIS - who organise the course and they should point you in the right direction.

SaijaM
15-06-2010, 03:57 PM
That's just plain wrong! .. and to encourage that to chilminders to be.. totally wrong.

I would complain and contact FIS, as Pipsqueak says...

x Saija

wellybelly
15-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Thats terrible!

mamasheshe
15-06-2010, 04:21 PM
no that is wrong my tutors did encourage us to take a receipt book around car boots so we could claim for them she also said she put her children s birthday pressies through the book as the mindees would be getting use from them i not straight away all good advise . they did use examples from there own experience but nothing negative really. sorry you've had such an unprofessional experience:( :( we got told about there complaints procedure on the first lesson .

jumpinjen
15-06-2010, 04:24 PM
You could always report her to the IR too ha ha...

.... saying horrible things about ex-mindees es very unprofessional.... especially for someone who should have mentioned prof development on the course!!

Sometimes the tutors are childminders who aren't very experienced in adult ed so that may be why she didn't introduce and conclude very well?

Jenni:)

moljak
16-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd report her.I made a complaint about my tutor.
We had some rowdy people in our class who liked to talk about themselves and this took so much of our time.Rather than steering the group back to what we were meant to be learning she encouraged it and would suggest coffee breaks as we weren't listening properly??????????????