PDA

View Full Version : SUPPORTING ENGLAND ?

angeldelight
15-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Are you supporting England in the cup or another team?

Do you have flags up outside your house ?

Do you have flags on your car ?

I saw a house covered in bunting yesterday - the whole of their house and garden was covered in bunting and flags
Do you do the same? Or just one flag ?

Or do you not bother?

Angel xxx

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Nope we have nothing up :thumbsup:

I do watch but not really that interested tbh :blush:

angeldelight
15-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Nope we have nothing up :thumbsup:

I do watch but not really that interested tbh :blush:

Was you sitting behind me then ?

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 08:57 AM
i am supporting two teams - England just because obviously - and New Zealand - who I've put a bet on - at 2000/1 I couldn't resist - if they win the world cup I'll make about £10,000!!!
Hubby is supporting Australia and if either his team or mine win or loose we have some personal forfeits going as well - just for fun! ;)

New Zealand play their first game today so I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that they turn out to be amazing :D

naartjies
15-06-2010, 09:06 AM
We have 4 flags up
1. South Africa - my 2 DS's were born there
2. England - my daughter says she is English not South African (she was born here)
3. Serbia - My husband then wanted a Serbian flag - He was born there
4. South Africa - one for each son

We live in the same road as the primary school and lots of parents and children have loved all the flags - a bit like the United nations.

What I know about football is dangerous:blush: :blush:

But it is all fun:jump for joy:

Carpet Monkeys
15-06-2010, 09:07 AM
We are England thro and thro - got flags on the car and hanging out of two bedroom windows!

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Was you sitting behind me then ?

Angel xx

manjay
15-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I am an English girl at heart but if I put any flags up here I would be lynched!!!!! I hadn't even thought about it really until I visit my Mum at the weekend (for which I have to go back over the border) and my children were amazed with all the decorated houses.

charleyfarley
15-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Of course we are supporting them :clapping: :clapping: Although no bunting or flags on my house.

Charley has England bobbles and slides for her hair although she has managed to lose a set of bobbles already :mad:

I hope they do well :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

lisa-philp
15-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm supporting England. I work in sainsburys so i get to wear my england top when their playing!

I don't have any flags up at my flat as we sold out :-(

Hebs
15-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I have bunting and flags up on my house, and flags on my car!

Bushpig
15-06-2010, 10:05 AM
South Africa all the way! :thumbsup:

As we are living in our host country who are also competitors we do not think it appropriate to put flags on our car - we would were we in SA. We have flags et al in the house, there again, not in your face as I have a business with all different nationalities in it!

English, South African, Dutch, Jewish, Kiwi, Australian, Scottish, Irish

Muffin
15-06-2010, 12:00 PM
We have got big England flags up outside.
We're doing a world cup theme so have got all team flags inside which the children have coloured/ painted along with various other things. I look after a footie mad 4.5yr old.

maisiemog
15-06-2010, 12:25 PM
We've got England flags up outside. We've also got an England sticket in the front room window as well!

We're very proud to be English and both love football but I must admit I am a bit sick of having it constantly on. DH insists on watching every single game he can!

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2010, 12:49 PM
We've got England flags up outside. We've also got an England sticket in the front room window as well!

We're very proud to be English and both love football but I must admit I am a bit sick of having it constantly on. DH insists on watching every single game he can!

My hubby has been away, back tomorrow so im sure every game will be on too :rolleyes: