PDA

View Full Version : It's getting irritating now.....

funemnx
14-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Watching the World Cup on the telly and all I can hear is the huge swarm of bees present at every game!

Make it stop!!!! :(

~Chelle~
14-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I know, you would think that the tv companies would drown it out a bit. I like listening to the comentary but cant put up with that awful noise :mad:

Hebs
14-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Watching the World Cup on the telly and all I can hear is the huge swarm of bees present at every game!

Make it stop!!!! :(

the players and some managers have complained to FIFA about them a the players are saying they can't hear each other when playing and it's affecting their games,

did you know that the broadcasters have toned down the noise for transmission so imagine how loud it is in the stand :panic:

Minstrel
15-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Is it as bad as living with my husband who has one of these and insists on practising all the live long day?????? :angry: :angry:

babs
15-06-2010, 01:49 PM
ok im thick and you are all probanly going to giggle when i ask this but

is it really bees or something else :huh: ( wheres the stupid smiley when u want one )

Bushpig
15-06-2010, 01:59 PM
My brother has been to a couple of the games at Soccer City and he says it adds to the atmosphere and is not nearly as irritating as hearing it on the TV :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 02:19 PM
it's not bee's - its a type of trumpet called a vuvzula (or something like that):blush:

they reckon they can't drown it out because it is at the same decibel as human voice so you would loose most of the commentry.

babs
15-06-2010, 02:28 PM
thanks for explaining i was beginning to wonder if they had a bee hive near... :o

naartjies
15-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I've got one.....:blush: :blush:

However only the children manage to get a sound out of it:eek:

It is part of their culture to blow horns at matches.

margimum
15-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I've heard that loads of spit dribbles out of the end too!! wouldn't fancy being at the messy end of one!!:eek:

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I've heard that loads of spit dribbles out of the end too!! wouldn't fancy being at the messy end of one!!:eek:

ugh you've made my stomach turn! :laughing: :laughing:

ja8estar
16-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Ha Ha reading this has made my day My dd got a horn with her pocket money
and decided to get one for our neighbours son her best mate !!!
My neighbour cursed me as it sounds like elephants with a bad case of wind
and the best bit they made up a trumpet dance
and set off all the dogs in the neighbourhood tooot tooot:blush: