PDA

View Full Version : courses introduction to childminding pratice

gemival
13-06-2010, 09:32 PM
hi i start my course on wed i have not really been told much about it and have only just had my place confirmed.
Can anyone tell me what is involved in this please.

And would like to say yeah i passed my first aid on saturday full marks :clapping: sorry i really pleased with it x x

SaijaM
14-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Hi!

Well done you passing the First Aid with full marks :)

I'm just finishing my ICP and have my final exam on the 4th August! Yay.

I think the course has been really good, basically it gives you an allround idea of what childminding is, what is required legally and what the EYFS is.

We were kind of 'unpicking' the EYFS on each session and it's been really really interesting and I've made some good connections too with other childminders to be.

I've learned a huge amount on this forum though, but the course kind of pulls it all together and your understanding of the EYFS will be good! :)

Sending my application off today... :)) Can't wait!

xx Good luck xx
Saija

Mookins
14-06-2010, 08:50 AM
i too finished my first aid on sat, nearly finished my icp course too, its been brilliant...must say really benefitted coming on here all the time, felt a lot more confident knowing most of what they talk about.
Im not doing the exam at the end...me and exam conditions dont get on

very exciting stuff, they go over everything really but in bite size chunks and most of it is common sense, its just the paperwork side that scares everyone

like saija says I have also met with some fab people a few of which i know i will keep in contact with aswel as some great peeps on here

if theres one thing i could suggest and thats read...read posts on here, read about the EYFS in your pack it may not make sense but if you are reading it and then they come to discuss it on your course you will find its already "up there" and it all starts clicking into place

Theres a lady on my course who really really annoys me she hasnt done aything, shes expecting all the answers to be spoon fed to her and has even admitted the only time she ever looks at the EYFS pack is when we are finding out bits on the course:rolleyes: grrr makes me mad as we are all trying to learn and shes making us run out of time.

the only question thats a stupid one is the one you dont ask!

x x x
x x x

gemival
14-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Thank you,

I had no idea about an exam at end oh no i stressed with everything ah well if it got to be done,
The eyfs pack you talking about is that the one you get off line or ring up for?

Thanks for your help and good luck :)

Mookins
14-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Sorry yes the eyfs pack you can ring and have it sent to you..FREE...the exam is multiple answer...you DONT have to do it, you dont score anything or lose out...its handy id youdo do it, sort of testing yourself, but its like normal exam conditions...which send my heart racing so opted out

im off to my course in a while...hope that lady i mentioned isnt there:rolleyes: drive me crackers:censored:

youll be fine hun, its reallly good x x

gemival
14-06-2010, 07:08 PM
thanks again put my mind at ease a bit now. I have rang and ordered the eyfs pack but they where out of stock so i got wait which is pretty rubbish hopefully it will be here soon.

gemma x x x