PDA

View Full Version : fathers day ideas

rachb82
13-06-2010, 03:11 PM
hello ladies, was wondering if anyone had any ideas of activities that i could do for fathers day with two 12 month old mindees.
really struggling as to what i can do that fathers will appreciate.

would be very grateful if u could help

TammyN
13-06-2010, 03:23 PM
i let children finger paint on a wooden frame then added a picture of lo's.
older one's have made rosettes.

Saranotts
13-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Last year someone put a lovely poem on here all about holding daddys hand and looking upto him and I printed it off and did handprints of the little ones hands and then laminated the sheet. They looked really good and the dads really liked them.

Sara

TheBTeam
13-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Funnily enough i was looking at some little canvasses that i had sitting waiting for an activity and thought the little 11month olds footprint would look lovely on it and thought about gold paint, which made me think it would look like a beer mug and I could perhaps draw a handle on it (thinking about mums where we turned the feet into flowers), but then thought probably best not!!!!:panic:

Flisspaps
16-06-2011, 09:32 AM
thought the little 11month olds footprint would look lovely on it and thought about gold paint, which made me think it would look like a beer mug

I had a similar thought - paint the toes white and the foot yellow, and do a 'pint' footprint. I know that mindee's Dad's would see the funny side, but wonder whether Ofsted would when seeing a photo of it in the LJ?

Then again, it isn't as if children never see alcohol - just because it isn't accessible to them doesn't mean that we should have to pretend it doesn't exist. They'd easily be able to walk into a card shop and buy a card for Daddy with a drink on the front of it!

cherry
16-06-2011, 01:20 PM
We did this poem which I laminated then painted their feet which I also laminated and stuck onto the poem.

FOOTPRINTS

“Walk a little slower Daddy,”
said the child so small.
I’m following in your footsteps
and I don’t want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they’re hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy
For you are leading me.

Someday when I’m all grown up,
You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child