PDA

View Full Version : HELP

welshcake
13-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I have my pre reg visit in 12 days. room is ready. just doing my folder.
Just not sure what paperwork to do, Policies i think i have too many.
permission forms dont think i have enought.
Risk assesments seem ok.
What else do i need

Please please help. x:(

SaijaM
13-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi!

I'm waiting for my pre-reg visit myself, so not 100% sure what they will check, however I would have a look at the EYFS statutory framework booklet for guidance on what you HAVE to have in terms of paperwork etc...

Also, do you have the 'All about Me' forms for possible mindees? Record books?

I also have some sample Menu's ready... Houserules? Welcome packs? Weekly planning sheets? (empty for now obviously), monthly planning sheets, review sheets... Questionaires for parents and children about your setting? Procedures? (fire evacuation etc.), General permission form for photographs, plasters, sun cream, play equipment, emergency care..etc ..

To think of a few :)

Hope that helps... Let me know how it went pls!!
xx Saija

Mookins
13-06-2010, 06:26 PM
i have all this to come too...have you made your garden safe, are you registering a seperate room for naptimes, pets, kitchens ....sooo much to do isnt there x:eek:

Mrs Pootle
13-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I had my pre-reg visit a week ago with only a days notice from ofsted. I didn't have all my paperwork ready but it didn't matter at all. They are coming to check you are suitable and to make sure you know what you need to have in place. My inspector didn't look at my risk assessment or the few policies I had ready, she was happy to talk through what I was going to do.
Good luck, it's not as scarey as it seems.:thumbsup:

welshcake
13-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks girls,

I have just finished my portfolio....:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know it will need tweaking after but at least the basics are there.
My room is ready and i got the crb forms in the post from ofsted yesterday so i guess i better start looking at everything else she will ask me.

I am so nervous..:eek:

LilyBelles
14-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks girls,

I have just finished my portfolio....:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know it will need tweaking after but at least the basics are there.
My room is ready and i got the crb forms in the post from ofsted yesterday so i guess i better start looking at everything else she will ask me.

I am so nervous..:eek:

I know exactly how you feel i have my pre reg in the morning at 9.30

I'm so nervous but sort of excited at the same time i posted my CRB's off on friday so fingers crossed there ok.

I am even more worried now i have been reading some of the posts on here as i dont have my stair gate or cupboard locks in place yet eeeekk ! ! ! :o

When she rang she sounded really nice so will bribe her with lots of tea and a few smiles and giggles from my 7 month old that might help lol

welshcake
14-06-2010, 06:07 PM
good luck lilybelles... let me know how you are gettin on. x

clio0602
14-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I just had a few policies safeguarding the important one my house and garden risk assess and a menu planner. I filled in the question booklet which she asked the questions from and even told me which one to look at. Was all fine and she was lovely. Good luck x

LilyBelles
15-06-2010, 04:38 PM
good luck lilybelles... let me know how you are gettin on. x

Well Mrs O has been and it went really well.

She has allowed me to have 2 Early years and 1 Foundation stage which is pretty much what i wanted.

I am so glad she was nice and now all i have to do is wait for CRB to come back and then i am a fully pledged Childminder Cant wait to have mindees and get started

wellybelly
15-06-2010, 04:42 PM
A wish list of the things you'll buy in the future e.g. outdoor play equipment, a room thermometer, a carbon monoxide alarm.