PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted & Contracts?

katickles
28-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Ok some of you may know that i currently have a mindee as temp while his usual minder (nana) is unwell. I accepted that the mindee could be with me for just a couple of weeks or maybe even a couple of months. I'm currently finishing the 2nd week.

Problem is we didn't do a contract because of this.....:blush: ......please don't shout at me!! I thought that i would give it a month & if mindee would be comming to me after that issue a contract. I thought this would be best as I ask for 4 weeks notice & I give 4 weeks notice. I was thinking that if i got a call in the meantime for a newbie to start it would be easier this way. Anyway, I was asking my support childminder today about it & was told that i would be in big bobo with Ofsted if they came & did an inspection as they check them.:panic:

I have no problem speaking to mum & dad & explaining this but just worry that they will think that i'm only issuing a contract now as they are on holidays in a weeks time. I was thinking of maybe writing in the special note section (NCMA Contracts) that i would waver this holidays fees but as of then would charge as normal.

Does this sound ok? Really hoping that this maybe become a perminant contract & don't want mum & dad thinking i'm pushing them.

Pudding Girl
28-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I think that sounds fine, just explain you were misunderstanding the situation re needing a temp contract :)

Banana
28-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, just put a temp contract in place.

better to be safe than sorry

xxx

katickles
28-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Just spoken to dad as he's just collected lo. (Thats me finished for another week already!!) I have explained the situation & he's fine with it. Lo's with me next week then has two weeks holidays.

Shall i use a normal contract (I didn't get any temp ones as didn't really think i'd use them:rolleyes: ) as this takes me to 3 weeks away. Also do i put the contract date as the date lo started or the date on Monday? Sorry for all the questions :)

sarah707
28-03-2008, 04:37 PM
It would be fine to use a normal contract, it's just a lot of paperwork for a temporary child...

Not sure about backdating... you'd best check with ncma :D

katickles
28-03-2008, 04:39 PM
It would be fine to use a normal contract, it's just a lot of paperwork for a temporary child...

Not sure about backdating... you'd best check with ncma :D

Ok thanks . Any ideas where i can get a temporary contract other than ordering a pack from NCMA? I'm hoping to give it to them on Monday. :)

sarah707
28-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Do you know anyone locally who can loan you one until your order comes through?

katickles
28-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Rang my friend - she doesn't have any. Like me never bought any as didn't think she'd use them. Will try my luck in another thread see if anyone has one they could pm me.

Thanks for your help - will get my bum into gear over the weekend.

I'd be lost without you lot :)