PDA

View Full Version : mother of the groom outfit

sonia ann
12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
having spent the day traipsing around the shops in Bournemouth yesterday ,fruitlessly looking for an outfit for my son's wedding in August.............................have I ever mentioned I hate clothes shopping at the best of times??..:( ..............at 2pm we decided to call in at an independant shop near where we live....( bearing in mind I had a 3pm school run to do !)

As we walked in the door we were greeted with a "How may we help you?"...............I hate this as I like to wander around first to see if they even stock my size:o

however I thought can't waste time so asked "Do you cater for larger sizes?"........"Of course Madam...........we routinely stock up to a size 30":clapping: :clapping:

I tried on so many beautiful outfits in the next 50 mins and never once was I made to feel uncomfortable..........I know some of you will know what I mean:blush:

Anyway I now have a beautiful designer outfit to wear.............ok ....I have never spent so much money on an outfit in my life but hey........I earn it........and I'll spend it:D

Just wanted to share.................

ps It doesn't look quite like this on me .....but you get the picture:blush:

http://www.theweddingshop.co.uk/images/occasion/ann-balon/ann_balon_tuscany_orchidea_x.jpg

funemnx
12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Gorgeous! My turn next summer, my son's getting married in June :clapping:

PixiePetal
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
beautiful.:clapping:

Pics of you please after the wedding!

Alibali
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
That is beautiful, can't wait to see pics in August:)

TheBTeam
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks lovely, pics please!

zillervalley
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
That is beautifull

I am going to my first ever mindees wedding in September

has this shop got a chain of shops, if not I will just have to come down and have a look in that shop

ziller

sonia ann
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
That is beautifull

I am going to my first ever mindees wedding in September

has this shop got a chain of shops, if not I will just have to come down and have a look in that shop

ziller

http://www.thebridesmother.co.uk/ann_balon_collection.htm

think there are stockists around the country if you search.................but word of warning........I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price tag:eek: :panic: :eek:

loocyloo
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
thats beautiful.

xxx

when Dh and i got married, my mum found her dress in an independant shop, but couldn't find a hat to go with it, and was thinking about getting something else to wear :eek:

then one of the sunday magazines did a feature on something or other, and one of the models was wearing the dress mum had bought, with a most stunning hat! ... she then tracked down that hat!

nannymcflea
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Looks lovely...had a look at the sale page.:eek:

Some very nice pieces, look forward to seeing the photos, enjoy the day.:)

charleyfarley
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh wow that is gorgeous and you will look stunning in it :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the photos

Carol xx

miffy
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
That's lovely.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Miffy xx

Gizmo
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM