PDA

View Full Version : Linking plans and obs to the EYFS

judisteve
11-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm new and haven't looked through all the threads yet:D
In September I'm due to have my first minded child - a part time six month old. How detailed will my planning and observations need to be? Also, I'm a bit confused about linking to the EYFS - is there a chart somewhere for this and is it for any age? I may also look to eventually have other children as well.
Do plans have to be child specific - ie if you have 3 children you need 3 plans or can 1 plan cover activities to meet the needs of all the children? I was thinking of having a planning folder with all me themes and plans in but now I am wondering if I need to be keeping the plans in each individual child's file?
I've designed some planning sheets to show all children attending and what the activities would be. On the back I've done an evaluation form to show how all the children responded and the next steps - is this ok all on one form?
Every time I think I've got it sorted it seems something different is suggested!!! Is there a WRONG way to do it or doesn't it matter as long as it works for me and covers everything it needs to (once I've worked out what EVERYTHING is!!)
Thanks in anticipation of some helpful advice!

Pipsqueak
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
hi there

your planning is not going to be extensive at all.
with regard to linking obs to EYFS - you need the thicker book in your EYFS pack.
In there are grids that cover each area (PRSN, CLL etc) and it covers the ages. The age groups overlap - this is where the eyfs acknowledges that children may span over age groups. It could be that a child you care for might be in one age group for CLL another age grouping for CD and so on.

Shar
12-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Your planning should be for each individual child based on their next steps on your Obs. A copy can go in the childs learning journey and I keep a copy in my planning folder as evidence for Ofsted just incase the child leaves my setting.

There is no set way to do things, whatever works for you is best. Good luck.:thumbsup: