PDA

View Full Version : Toys needed

Memina
10-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what toys everyone has. What seperate sections are your toys divided into? I have loads of toys from my two little ones but want to catagories them and see what I need more of and what I'm missing.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Memina

huggableshelly
11-06-2010, 07:19 AM
make sure you have toys to cover multicutural awareness such as:

dressing up outfit (charity shop)
ethnic doll or small world doll set (ELC)
books with different skin colours (library)

eventually build up musical instruments (bongo drums book world or check out the childminding forum shop)

dont worry too much about getting everything as you will already have tuns of stuff for your children.

cateragising is a personal choice, all of my toys are in clearly lalbeld boxes with a pic of what is in the box or placed on shevles in reach of children.
I have 2 deep tall book cases, the higher shelves are mine for storing paints scissors etc the middle shelves are older child resources and the lower shelves are for all children to help themselves too.

others have boxes in spare rooms that they bring down each day with a wide range of toys in. a few also have additional playrooms (lucky them) so everything is always available.

As children join you - you will then start buying more stuff to meet their needs say one loves a traintrack, you have not got one but can afford to get one. Or one likes a shopping trolley etc.

sandy64
11-06-2010, 07:27 AM
hi and welcome a small quantity of a variety of toys covering all areas are fine to start with and like huggableshelly said your multicultural toys pity your not nearer me ive too much and going to down size soon as moving collected far too much over last 22 yrs:laughing:

Memina
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for your replies I will have a sort through the toys I already have and see what else I need.