PDA

View Full Version : lets talk about freaking out

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
because thats what im doing! the more i read this forum which is excellent, the more I see more paperwork that needs to be done.

sooo - am I going to have to print out 1000 bits of paper and get 1000 signatures?? isnt this a bit overwhelming for the parents? do i have to get permission for every single thing the child does? what if the child sneezes and snot goes everywhere, should i have a snot policy?! :laughing:

Mookins
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
because thats what im doing! the more i read this forum which is excellent, the more I see more paperwork that needs to be done.

sooo - am I going to have to print out 1000 bits of paper and get 1000 signatures?? isnt this a bit overwhelming for the parents? do i have to get permission for every single thing the child does? what if the child sneezes and snot goes everywhere, should i have a snot policy?! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
yes this is THE most important of all :laughing: :clapping:
thats just comical x x

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
it just seems the children cant breathe without you planning for it, getting the permission for it, doing the obs, the paperwork in triplicate then getting a signature ;)

phew im worn out, all i dream about is the eysf!

sp1
10-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!!!! :laughing:

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!!!! :laughing:

I bet its 10 times harder when youre actually registered! GULP :eek:

sp1
10-06-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping it will get easier as time goes on.... :panic:

I've got policies etc sorted I think, just getting my head around the EYFS thats giving me brain ache lol Although must get the 'snot policy' sorted :laughing:

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM
lol good luck :) the eyfs is such great bedtime reading!

Mookins
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
i dont think the eyfs is too bad, but then i havent started yet either..its very scary the policy side though and the rules...for example

are you allowed to take the children out to play in the rain?
a) yes
b) no theyl catch flu/slip/dissolve
c) not sure

x x x

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
i dont think the eyfs is too bad, but then i havent started yet either..its very scary the policy side though and the rules...for example

are you allowed to take the children out to play in the rain?
a) yes
b) no theyl catch flu/slip/dissolve
c) not sure

x x x

lol they dissolve!

do you have to RA rainy play? gone are the days you can just take them out in wellies? i would hope the parent would have provided raincoats etc and i have lot of spare umbrellas, but what if they catch their fingers opening an umbrella?! oh dear...

sp1
10-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Snot policy, children dissolving policy and use of umbrella(that children use at their own risk)policy :idea:

Maybe I haven't got my policies sorted :laughing:

Mookins
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
suggested to my friend whos suffering from insomnia she could have my copy of the eyfs...if it doesnt send her to sleep reading it i could always knock her out with it...its rather heavy :D

sp1
10-06-2010, 09:47 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mookins
10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Snot policy, children dissolving policy and use of umbrella(that children use at their own risk)policy :idea:

Maybe I haven't got my policies sorted :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

x

Mookins
10-06-2010, 09:55 PM
now evacuations are serious:

when my husband.....(you know the rest)
we literally ither cover our faces and hope for the best
grab the youngest and run
or wait for it to pass and hope our eyebrows grow back

how would that be written up?;)

hannahemilie
10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
now evacuations are serious:

when my husband.....(you know the rest)
we literally ither cover our faces and hope for the best
grab the youngest and run
or wait for it to pass and hope our eyebrows grow back

how would that be written up?;)

oooh tricky! surely that would be covered in your policy for natural disasters etc?! :laughing:

mama2three
11-06-2010, 06:26 AM
here you go ladies , the most important one of all ..courtesy of Pauline ....

Breathing Policy - Revised for EYFS

If your child breathes I will ensure that the air around him/her is clean and free from dirt and suitable to breathe. I will do this by carrying out a detailed risk assessment, every hour on the hour. Air will be checked against my current 5 point risk assessment:

1. Is the air at the correct temperature?
2. Is the air contaminated with dust or other things? (flying insects will be exculded as they come under my Insect Risk Assessment)
3. Is there enough air for each child and adult in the room?
4. Would it be possible for a child to lose their air at any point? If so what action would need to be taken?

My current short term plan is to breathe as often as possible, this is also reflected within my medium and long term plans. Once your child shows interest in breathing my future plans is to encourage them to continue with regular practice.

If your child arrives having breathed dirty air you will be required to sign an 'exisiting contamination form'. These will need to be completed in triplicate. One for the file, two for the bin. (This is to comply with current Ofsted paper wasting criteria)

Children will be encouraged to breathe at all times and their experienced noted and recorded against the 6 Early Learning Goals.

If your child refuses to breathe I will have to notify Ofsted and you must collect them immediately. Again triplicate recording will be required.

I must ensure that all breathing meets the EYFS, therefore we will practice breathing at all minutes of the day.

Please discuss breathing with your child and encourage them to breathe while in my care.

Coughs and sneezes will be considered acceptable forms of breathing, however you must sign a form to say that you will allow this.

You must also sign a parental permission form that allows me to let your child breathe during his/her time in my care, failure to do so will result in me not being able to allow your child to breathe and this could be detrimental to their care. (As this will not meet the Welfare Requirements you will therefore need to confirm (in triplicate) that you want to withdrawl your child from EYFS).

This is my breathing procedure: in, out, in, out, in, out. However, if after completing regular observations I feel this doesn't meet your child's particular interests and they would prefer out, in, in out, out (or similar) I will speak to you to make other arrangements.

Thank your for your understanding

huggableshelly
11-06-2010, 06:40 AM
here you go ladies , the most important one of all ..courtesy of Pauline ....

Breathing Policy - Revised for EYFS

If your child breathes I will ensure that the air around him/her is clean and free from dirt and suitable to breathe. I will do this by carrying out a detailed risk assessment, every hour on the hour. Air will be checked against my current 5 point risk assessment:

1. Is the air at the correct temperature?
2. Is the air contaminated with dust or other things? (flying insects will be exculded as they come under my Insect Risk Assessment)
3. Is there enough air for each child and adult in the room?
4. Would it be possible for a child to lose their air at any point? If so what action would need to be taken?

My current short term plan is to breathe as often as possible, this is also reflected within my medium and long term plans. Once your child shows interest in breathing my future plans is to encourage them to continue with regular practice.

If your child arrives having breathed dirty air you will be required to sign an 'exisiting contamination form'. These will need to be completed in triplicate. One for the file, two for the bin. (This is to comply with current Ofsted paper wasting criteria)

Children will be encouraged to breathe at all times and their experienced noted and recorded against the 6 Early Learning Goals.

If your child refuses to breathe I will have to notify Ofsted and you must collect them immediately. Again triplicate recording will be required.

I must ensure that all breathing meets the EYFS, therefore we will practice breathing at all minutes of the day.

Please discuss breathing with your child and encourage them to breathe while in my care.

Coughs and sneezes will be considered acceptable forms of breathing, however you must sign a form to say that you will allow this.

You must also sign a parental permission form that allows me to let your child breathe during his/her time in my care, failure to do so will result in me not being able to allow your child to breathe and this could be detrimental to their care. (As this will not meet the Welfare Requirements you will therefore need to confirm (in triplicate) that you want to withdrawl your child from EYFS).

This is my breathing procedure: in, out, in, out, in, out. However, if after completing regular observations I feel this doesn't meet your child's particular interests and they would prefer out, in, in out, out (or similar) I will speak to you to make other arrangements.

Thank your for your understanding

lol I was going to go and find that one, you beat me to it and its still the best one written and is an abolute must for all childminders hee hee

Mookins
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats just genius....very well written

x x x

hannahemilie
11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
hahaha that is a gem!!:laughing:

Tinglesnark
11-06-2010, 12:37 PM
:laughing: but would you have the guts to print it out and pop it on your welcome booklet???
hhaha

rharrison43140
11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
:clapping: I'm going to be watching my sister's children and I am very tempted to give her the breathing policy (as seriously as possible) and tell her that it is an EYFS requirement. I wonder what her response would be....hmmmm......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mookins
11-06-2010, 01:06 PM
:clapping: I'm going to be watching my sister's children and I am very tempted to give her the breathing policy (as seriously as possible) and tell her that it is an EYFS requirement. I wonder what her response would be....hmmmm......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oooh yeah doit and film her...sooo funny x

hayleychildcare
11-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Thats brilliant. Im printing it off and giving it to my mindees mum.

She is more like a friend now

Should be funny to see her face when i ask her to sign it

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sp1
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
That's fantastic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

funemnx
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
All my parents are getting a copy tonight - can't believe I missed this opportunity to explore breathing with the children! (bad, bad childminder)
:D

TheBTeam
11-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Three of my cm friends went on a risk assessment course last night, two of them came this morning and immediately asked if i had risk assessed my front door, they said it was incredibly stupid and pedantic and just as I thought we are going to be in a position shortly where unless it is written in a risk assessment we are going to be sued! It is also assuming we do not have an ounce of common sense to think.

I am so glad I did a 'lalalala I'm not listening' when asked if it want to go on this course, because I will not be changing the perfectly good risk assessments I have!

I am not averse to learning or change but if it is anything like the EYFS and SEF courses I have been on it is all one persons views of what you should do and the more courses you attend the more you get a diferent story!

Emz
11-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Ah i love the breathing policy, its brilliant!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sandiwaistell
11-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I love this breathing policy. i am going to print it off and add it in my welcome pack to give people a laugh after the hardwork of going thru the rest of the paperwork.

Carol M
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep, I have my breathing policy in my policy pack, signed and agreed by the parents!
Probably cos they haven't bothered to read any of them!!!!!
Carol x