PDA

View Full Version : Netmums website question !!

tuttifruiti
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone, i am thinking of advertising on the netmums site, does anyone else do this and is it successful ,and do you do the free advertising :) ? i am already on the childcare .co.uk site but have not had any inquiries yet .

thanks x

vicki1
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
i do i have had about 12 people call me from there so its worth a go good luck

Toothfairy
09-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes, I have had a few enquieries through Netmums.:thumbsup:

marian
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes it is worth it - I always say to any enquires that I cannot accomodate to look / advertise their needs on Netmums.

Marian x

The Juggler
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
me too. lots of enquiries not too much work but lots of enquiries.

tuttifruiti
09-06-2010, 12:01 PM
thanks everyone for your advice :) i have just advertised on netmums and will wait and see what happens :thumbsup:

RedDragon
09-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Also, advertise in the surrounding areas - you never know who reads 1 but not the other - Netmums have loads near enough for you to Childmind but may not be your local one. (The more I write the less it is seeming to make sense lol).

Also, a tip with advertising on netmums - if you are slipping down the page or even on page 2 copy and paste your advert, delete it and then start again advertising - copy and paste as a new advertisment and you go back to the top.

grindal
09-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Make sure you check on there for parents looking for childcare too. I got my new 4 day a week mindee in this way - mum said I was the only local minder who contacted her!

Bushpig
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes, I have advertised through netmums and childcare.co.uk and have got clients through both. Good luck! :thumbsup:

AliceK
09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Make sure you check on there for parents looking for childcare too. I got my new 4 day a week mindee in this way - mum said I was the only local minder who contacted her!

Good tip there :thumbsup: . I've got someone coming to see me this week because I responded to an ad a mum had put on there.

xxxx

Ripeberry
09-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Also, advertise in the surrounding areas - you never know who reads 1 but not the other - Netmums have loads near enough for you to Childmind but may not be your local one. (The more I write the less it is seeming to make sense lol).

Also, a tip with advertising on netmums - if you are slipping down the page or even on page 2 copy and paste your advert, delete it and then start again advertising - copy and paste as a new advertisment and you go back to the top.

Don't do it too often though or others start complaining and Netmums don't like this as it's not fair on all the others.
Also Netmums is great if there's lots of work in your area. But as in mine, it's a constant leapfrog up the page and if you put your advert on, at least 5 others HAVE to bury you until you get to page 2 :angry: It's a leapfrog as there are too many minders chasing the few children out there :(

tuttifruiti
10-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks to everyone for their great advice :thumbsup:

Annie_T
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
i advertise on the netmums website - childcare board part

yea its free and i have had people via it with enquires x

Waveawand
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Im on both and had nothing from either !! Might be just this area though !!:panic: