PDA

View Full Version : How long to you keep your planning for?

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I have come to the end of my first planning book and wondered if i can just lob it in the bin or do i need to keep it?

I've taken out all the useful bits (ie what i found from my evaluations- what worked, what didn't) and i'm not due an inspection for another 2.5 yrs.

Any need to keep planning?

sarah707
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I use it next year and tweak it... keeping the best bits. :D

miffy
09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd keep it, you never know when you might be short of an idea or two (but then I'm a terrible hoarder! :rolleyes: :laughing: )

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
15-06-2010, 10:03 AM
I keep it and grab and amend for any other children if needed:o

Cazz
15-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I have come to the end of my first planning book and wondered if i can just lob it in the bin or do i need to keep it?

I've taken out all the useful bits (ie what i found from my evaluations- what worked, what didn't) and i'm not due an inspection for another 2.5 yrs.

Any need to keep planning?

What planning book do you use - is it a pre-printed one that you've purchased from somewhere?

I have sheets that I copy and put in a folder - I was going to keep a year's worth in the folder and then staple them together and file for future reference.

Just wondering if a planning book would be a better idea though?!

gigglinggoblin
15-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I do all mine on computer and dont bother to print it so I can refer back next year to see what I did but dont have loads of paper hanging around

Daftbat
15-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I keep it and keep tweaking it - no need to reinvent the wheel!

rickysmiths
15-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I keep it and keep tweaking it - no need to reinvent the wheel!

I do this as well, I couldn't bear to throw away all the hard work.

venus89
15-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I have a huge folder of activity ideas ,all alphabetised, plus resources like free CDs I''ve been sent. I've been putting a copy of my planning in there and keeping a copy for my yearly file, which has the year's risk assessments, fire drills, newsletters etc. It will probably get shover under our bed come December and reappearr, dusty, next time I dare to go under there.....