PDA

View Full Version : What comes first?!

Hellsbells
27-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi All - I've only registered on the forum today, and here I am asking for advice already! :o

There may be a thread here already that someone might be able to point me in the direction of, but I'm confused about where to start.

I went to the pre-reg briefing yesterday and got the first pack of forms etc. On the course they said that Ofsted have to reply to your application within 14 days and then organise a visit. Do I need to get my health check form, car insurance, house sorted out etc before I send the application form...or does it normally take a while, so I should send the forms straight away? (I'm keen to get started).
Also when do I apply for the start up grant - once I've sent the forms or do I need my registration number to do that?

Its hard to know what to do first, and all a bit overwhelming! :eek:

katickles
27-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I know that this is different in all areas. We were strongly recommended that we wait until we had finished the ICP course so that when ofsted came for the visit we had a better knowledge on the things that they would be questioned on. I have to say i'm glad that i waited.

I suppose its upto you really. You don't need to have compleated the course before being registered - just within 6 months of being registered.

Our start up grant was for the purchase of NCMA or MM packs & membership, docs forms & ofsteds reg fees so needed these first - again this is different in different areas.

:)

katickles
27-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh & sorry - forgot Ofsted did come out very quickly after sending in my application. I think it was within the 2 weeks.:)

miffy
27-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry can't answer your questions but just wanted to wish you luck

miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
28-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi

Oh this makes a difference, giving advice rather than asking for!!!!

As said before, depends upon area. We were given forms, told to fill in and then do ICP, First Aid, etc within 6 months of registering. We wer told to send off the health declaration ourselves and keep pestering the docs as its often that which slows things up.

I can't do ICP until September anyway as in area they are not running another course until then. However having done a nursery nursing course and had 12 years Early Years teaching experience under my belt I'm not too concrned.

We were also told to send of application for start-up grant off when send in forms to Ofsted. We would then be told to get in touch with childcare team once Ofsted have been to sort it all out.

I posted my forms on the 18 March and have my pre reg on Tuesday, exactly 14 days!

I haven't got my car insurance sorted out, although the house is fairly ready (I have a 5 year old and 2 year old twins). My inspector told me that I didn't need to get anything specific ready as she just wanted to safety check the house and go through the 14 standards.

However being the organised bod that I am I have been busy putting together policies and a parent pack, but that's just me!

nell57
28-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Cant offer any advice, seems that long ago since i registered now, but just wanted to wish you lots of luck

Helen:)

funtoplay
28-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Hi,

I had my visit in december. I would say make sure you have your house in check before you send the forms off. The did contact my about the visit about 2 weeks after sending the forms off. I gave my forms to the Doctors a few days before sending my ofsted form, that way they all arrived at ofsted about the same time.

I didn't sort out my car insurance until I was registered, it only takes a phone call.

You have 6 months to complete your ICP and First Aid after Registration. It just depends on how familiar you are with the 14 standards.

My pre-reg visit was like a chat over coffee, with he inspector asking how I was going to achieve each standard. She then had a quick check around my home. You don't have to have everything in place either. You just have to show or say how you have thought about how you are going to do things.

Having some risk assesments done can help with this.

Hope this helps.

Julia

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Good advice from the others

Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

Hellsbells
28-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for great advice. Think I'll get as much done with my house/paperwork/doctors forms etc as I can before I send the application form...just in case it all happens quite quickly after that!

I keep walking past the pile of forms and paperwork on my table...its sad but i'm itching to start - I must be one of the only people who love forms and stationary and organising, lol! (Please don't remind me I said this in a few months time when I'm tearing my hair out about it all :p )

Thanks again for all of your replies and luck! :thumbsup:

Helen x

Pipsqueak
28-03-2008, 11:09 AM
(Please don't remind me I said this in a few months time when I'm tearing my hair out about it all :p )

Thanks again for all of your replies and luck! :thumbsup:

Helen x

Hair???? You still have hair????:eek: :eek: Lucky you......
My hair is rapidly turning grey!!!!

Good luck

karenjoy
29-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Good Luck gt my briefing session in 2 weeks, cant wait!!!

sarah707
29-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Good luck Karen as well....! :D

deeb66
31-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well