PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help me......

sp1
08-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Am I being a bit thick or do other people find this whole working with EYFS confusing:panic:

I'm hoping once I get into it, it will all come a bit naturally. At the moment it's just giving me one big headache:confused:

I have a 2 1/2 year old starting on Monday. On a weekly planner I have planned to do on the Monday messy play in the garden. Making playdough/painting and just a general play in the garden in the morning (weather permitting ofcourse)

Am I right in thinking this will cover Physical developement and creative developement???? And that as well as getting stuck in myself I can also make observations to start her learning journal????

In the afternoon a possible nature walk in the nearby woods (knowledge and understanding of the world????) and ending the day by having some relaxing time by reading books, doing puzzles etc ( comm,lang,literacy????)

Any feedback or even confirmation that I'm on the right track would be very much appreciated :)

singlewiththree
09-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Am I being a bit thick or do other people find this whole working with EYFS confusing:panic:

I'm hoping once I get into it, it will all come a bit naturally. At the moment it's just giving me one big headache:confused:
It does get easier when you have done it a bit. plus its a learning curve and you will chop and change how you plan and record things until you find what is right for you

I have a 2 1/2 year old starting on Monday. On a weekly planner I have planned to do on the Monday messy play in the garden. Making playdough/painting and just a general play in the garden in the morning (weather permitting ofcourse) If the child is only starting Monday I would go with the flow as it is still settling in so wouldn't worry too much about planning. I would be concentrating on free play and observing them so that I can write up some starting points of where they are developmenally. In other words watch what they do and like, make some notes and then afterwards go through the eyfs and link what they did to the stages.

Am I right in thinking this will cover Physical developement and creative developement???? And that as well as getting stuck in myself I can also make observations to start her learning journal????
I would go through the eyfs pack and see what each one means as playdoh can be physical development and creative development but also psed, cll and psrn due to talking about what they are doing, counting out different shapes, it really depends on what you are focusing on for the observation as which one you put it under in the file.. I wouldn't start normal observations this first week I would be looking at what you can see she can do for writing up starting points.

In the afternoon a possible nature walk in the nearby woods (knowledge and understanding of the world????) and ending the day by having some relaxing time by reading books, doing puzzles etc ( comm,lang,literacy????)

Any feedback or even confirmation that I'm on the right track would be very much appreciated :)
Feel free to message me, I'm happy to share my observation form with you.

Nadine Beazley
09-06-2010, 07:10 AM
I agree.

You are going to overload yourself planning every part of the day! Just have one or two activities planned and just let the little one settle in with you.

Nadine x

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Same here- I just have a rough paln of the week (bringing in events going on that week like fathers day) and hope to get through it. If i dont then it helps fill up the week after.

Remember also that your routines will act as some of your planning. For instance if you go to a toddler group every week then this will go in your plan and you have social obs/ developement (along with others) covered.

Sorry am rushing but jsut an example hope you get what i mean!

sp1
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I was even dreaming EYFS last night :laughing: I know I can do the job, I'm just afraid the paperwork side of things will let me down :(

Think I just need to slow down a bit and let the poor little girl settle in first :laughing: I'm only having her 3 days a week, so maybe spend next week just letting her get on with it and bringing her into my own routine (have a 3 year old boy and an 18 month old boy, so am fairly active during the day anyway) and observing her?

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Sounds perfect! :thumbsup:

sp1
09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
:clapping: