PDA

View Full Version : play kitchen

terrydoo73
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I look after twin boys aged 2 years 2 months. Today I took them to a toddler group and saw them playing with a little kitchen and the accessories. I have a kitchen at home with loads of play food as well as cups etc but they never play with it. How could I interest them in playing with it?

moljak
08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd make it look like fun.Arrange some food in pans on the stove.Set a table or picninc rug with a few pieces and sit down with them.I'd aks for a cup of tea or a drink of juice and point them in the right direction of where to find the cups then take it from there.If they don't want to make you a "drink" then you could pretend to make them a meal.usually kids just need the push and inspiration to get started then take things from there :)

karen m
08-06-2010, 07:43 PM
had a little tikes kitchen given to me yesterday,2 mindees loved it today,i ,they really enjoyed themselves, i had to eat and drink so much lol

Mrs Book
08-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Have some fab pitures of mindee playing with our toy kitchen. Teddies & dolls sat on chairs. Best doll sat in bumbo. It is the only time you can eat and drink as much as you want & not put on any weight.

It was funny watching her replay the days before cooking we had done in the real kitchen,

Becky_Pearce
21-06-2010, 08:49 PM
agree - if you get them started, or set up a cafe that might prompt their interest.

caresite
27-06-2010, 04:46 PM
why not do a menu - let them choose the ingredients.
or do dressing up as chefs and then play little chefs and make their favourite food :)