PDA

View Full Version : journals

russell
05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi I do a daily diary for my mindes just what theyve done that day eaten ,slept etc. When I do a learning journal do we write in that everyday as well and its only the jpurnal that we put our obs etc in isnt it. i do have a scrapbbook for photos and I write with the picture what it is about and what areas linked to. Am I repeating myself to much or is this amount okay thanks Jean

Toothfairy
05-06-2010, 11:03 AM
My EYFS mindee's have 2 folders;

1) DAILY DIARY
In this I give an account of their day's activities with a photo, the food and drink they have had, their nap times and their nappy/potty info.
There is also a section for me to wite up any diary dates, behaviour concerns, wow moments etc.
I also have a section where parents can give feedback.

This goes to the parents daily.

2) LEARNING JOURNEY
In this I have their 'All About Me' Sheets, baseline ob's when they start, Observations, Assessments, Planning, Wow moments, photo's of any art & craft, Photo's of any outings and the links to the EYFS. Child and parents questionaires.

This goes to the parents once a term and I ask for written feedback from them.

HTH :thumbsup:

russell
05-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you just need to tweak and rearrange a little ,perhaps add a few more more bits

miffy
05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
I have everything on A4 sheets and it all goes in one file.

As long as your system works for you that's all that matters - there's no right or wrong way of doing things.

Miffy xx

sarah707
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I try to avoid duplication where possible.

If you are writing the same things down twice then I'd look at it again :D