PDA

View Full Version : What should I have ready?

MissTinkerbell
27-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone...

As you know I have my pre-reg on Tuesday. The inspector that I didn't need to have anything specific ready as she was just coming to safety check the house and talk about the 14 Standards.

However I don't like going into things like this without being prepared and as I have prepared quite a lot I wondered if it was worth showing her what I've already done?

She wants to see hubby and my CRB Disclosure but that's all she mentioned. I guess she will also want to see my childcare qualification certs too. What other documents will I need. Can't show her the car insurance because haven't changed that over yet.

I've done a prospectus, which I've printed off with a few sample policies, menus, activities and permission forms (all the others are on the computer). Should I print them off or just show her a few on my laptop?

We've got most safety things around the house with having a 5 year old and 2 year old twins but going to put cupboard locks on over the weekend and tidy the garden (there's a few bits that need disposing of - my darling son likes collecting huge sticks and has made a pile in the middle of the garden along with the yard brush and garden sprinkler!!!)

Anything else I need to do or you would recommend?

Thanks everyone

deeb66
27-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I think you have pretty much got it covered Melanie.

I would print off what you have ready rather than show her on the lap top......it makes it easier for both her and you when she is there.

She is mainly there to talk to you and to see the house etc so yes do make sure you finish what needs doing.

Good luck.....don't forget to let us know how it went when she has been.

Alibali
27-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I'd have it all out in a folder, and you can ask her if she would like to see it. It'll prove how dedicated you are. Might also save time at the next visit.

Good luck.

Ali :)

MissTinkerbell
27-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Well that's what I thought - its like the house, if its all ready it shows my dedication to be a good childminder.

sarah707
27-03-2008, 02:11 PM
You are right... do what you can to show off... sounds like you are under control... :D

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx