PDA

View Full Version : still cant believe it

Mookins
03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
sorry to goon....just cant believe the cost of my medical report £108:(

has anyone ever tried to fight the cost of their medical charges?
i had the bill arrive today.....dont know whether they have sent off the form or not but i know theyve filled it in...i just really cannot justify this amount!:angry:

Pipsqueak
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
flamin heck:eek: :eek:

miffy
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
What a rip off!

I don't think there's anything you can do - GP's can charge what they like for this. It's not fair though.

Miffy xx

aly
03-06-2010, 09:56 PM

i had the bill arrive today.....dont know whether they have sent off the form or not but i know theyve filled it in...i just really cannot justify this amount!:angry:

mine was £50 and thought it was a lot...:O

dont forget to claim it though

Mookins
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
just been trying to do a breakdown of what it would take...1 dr 10 mins to find paperwork,i know he rang me too so a quick phonecall, 1 pen, 20mins max to tick boxes write few notes:rolleyes:

want to ring and say no way re-calculate but hubby says ignor it and when they write again say ive already paid

savage i tell ya:angry:

beerheaven
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Mine was £60 over 5 years ago. My surgery would only release the report to me when I had paid the dosh! :(

I agree - it's a:censored: rip off!!

angeldelight
04-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Crikey :eek:

Angel xx

Mookins
04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
have calmed down today....off to banham zoo as we didnt make it the other day

will ring them monday and say its got to be wrong
i dunno we pay all that money and we still never guaranteed an appointment x:rolleyes:

Tam's Tribe
04-06-2010, 07:16 AM
WOW that is unbelievable . . . my GP charged me £25 and luckily I was subsidised as well.

maryp0ppins
04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
:eek: :eek:

Mine was £70 & i said a few :censored: :censored: when i got the bill through....£108 thats just madness....:panic:

CLAIM it back though!!

pinkbutterfly
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
This is something I discussed at my ChIP (or ICP as others call it). There is a way you can renegotiate the price but you have to know who to speak to and what to say. The amount you were asked to pay is UNBELIEVABLE. This is what you should do:
- go IN PERSON to the surgery and ask to speak to the practice manager
- say you received the bill and you just can't afford to pay it
Offer the lets say £30 and say that's all you have now. I don't know what your financial situation is but if I was asked to pay this it would stop me from becoming a childminder because at this moment I'm struggling to pay essentials. If you're in similar situation just be honest and say it.
Say that it's a great opportunity and you're really excited about becoming a childminder blah blah and not having this form will stop it. Ask them if they'd be willing to reconsider the fee. Do not take no as an answer as each surgery decides what they wish to charge and it's not set by anybody else so if they say 'there's nothing we can do as we were told what to charge by somebody above us' just say you know it's not the case. If they still don't want to reduce the fee ask if they'd be willing to take let's say this £30 now and you'll pay the rest on instalments. They should be helpful .... Two girls at my ChIP got their forms absolutely free after speaking to the manager. Good luck.

pinkbutterfly
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh and as this form is already filled in (somebody spent their time and effort filling it in) it would be a shame for them to have to shred it now just because you can't pay.
P.S. I paid £17 for mine

manjay
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
This is something I discussed at my ChIP (or ICP as others call it). There is a way you can renegotiate the price but you have to know who to speak to and what to say. The amount you were asked to pay is UNBELIEVABLE. This is what you should do:
- go IN PERSON to the surgery and ask to speak to the practice manager
- say you received the bill and you just can't afford to pay it
Offer the lets say £30 and say that's all you have now. I don't know what your financial situation is but if I was asked to pay this it would stop me from becoming a childminder because at this moment I'm struggling to pay essentials. If you're in similar situation just be honest and say it.
Say that it's a great opportunity and you're really excited about becoming a childminder blah blah and not having this form will stop it. Ask them if they'd be willing to reconsider the fee. Do not take no as an answer as each surgery decides what they wish to charge and it's not set by anybody else so if they say 'there's nothing we can do as we were told what to charge by somebody above us' just say you know it's not the case. If they still don't want to reduce the fee ask if they'd be willing to take let's say this £30 now and you'll pay the rest on instalments. They should be helpful .... Two girls at my ChIP got their forms absolutely free after speaking to the manager. Good luck.

I absolutely agree with this. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that:D . Mine was only £25 but me and dh both needed one so £50 altogether. Dh negotiated a buy one get one free deal with our practice manager.

Have a go:thumbsup:

Mrs Pootle
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
The cost of these things is silly, my dr charges £82 but luckily I can claim up to £60 back from my Early Years team. I'd certainly have ago at negotiating a smaller fee, you've nothing to lose. :thumbsup:

Mookins
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
im back from a fab day out, really cheered me up

pink butterfly thanks soooo much for the info, will go in on monday, i for one cannot afford to pay this, i had set some money aside but my max was £50 this is over double:eek:

ive noticed on my surgeries website they have nowtaken down the list of prices so i cant compare but am definaty going to go in on monday, not taking this lying down, i know i can claim it through my expenses but its having the moeny before hand to pay for it

will get my power suit out and be scary GRRRRRRRRR:clapping:

mamasheshe
04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
they said mine could cost up to this but luckily it only cost 25 i explained i'm a CM and not with some big business that are going to pay for it ect ect :blush: :blush:

cs01
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Daylight robbery!! It's not like you can shop around for a better deal. Hope you get that fee reduced by at least 1/2.

funfunfun
04-06-2010, 07:26 PM

WOW !! myn said £35 when i called them i said the lady i spoke to said it was £25 :) he he

They let me have it for 25

TheBTeam
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Blimey mine was free in 2003 and my dh had to pay £55 in 2008, £108 is extortion!

Mookins
04-06-2010, 07:59 PM
what makes it so terrible is that caz on here lives about 15 miles from me and she said hers was about £15!!!
talk about taking the mick (drs not caz;) )

am starting to think that maybe my "past" issues may of bumped up the price?

:(

Little Pumpkins
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
ouch mine was £50!

Toothfairy
06-06-2010, 10:21 AM
:eek: My doctors didn't charge me at all. I just handed it in at the desk and went back for it a few days later. Never had a bill for it.