PDA

View Full Version : Eczema - Which bath oil?

Toothfairy
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi

Advice please..... DD(7) has eczema on the tops of her legs, the Dr has given her Fucidin H cream to put on twice a day and he suggested changing our bubble bath to one for eczema.

Please can anyone advise me on which is the best Bubble bath/Bath oil for childen with eczema.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
02-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Im not sure hun but when i went to the doc about really itchy skin she told me simple products, but im sure there are some for eczema :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
i would ask your pharmacist they are always great at dishing out advice!
i know oilatum is sposed to be good
x

gigglinggoblin
02-06-2010, 12:17 PM
You can get oilatum bath stuff on prescription, my son has a bath with porridge oats in and that helps his eczema loads (you can tie them up in some thin fabric or a sock ifyou dont want them floating about)

Mookins
02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
oh bless... i recently posted about my dd on here and her excema its awful isnt it.

get some bath stuff on prescription hun its much cheaper, we have various oils, creams and tonics... her bath stuff is cetroban emoliant bath additive...its ok...but we have to smother her with other creams after so not sure whether its actually doing anything:rolleyes:

x x x

nannymcflea
02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
We use Dermol. Dd has the lotion and cream and I'm sure you can get a bath emolient too. (if not we put the lotion under running water too)

Get it on perscription, he should have given you some, mean man!

monkey62
02-06-2010, 12:47 PM
oh bless... i recently posted about my dd on here and her excema its awful isnt it.

get some bath stuff on prescription hun its much cheaper, we have various oils, creams and tonics... her bath stuff is cetroban emoliant bath additive...its ok...but we have to smother her with other creams after so not sure whether its actually doing anything:rolleyes:

x x x

I use Cetraben bath oil and Cetraben cream as well... is working for my youngest.

Mookins
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I use Cetraben bath oil and Cetraben cream as well... is working for my youngest.

oh good:) the cream is doing really well bit some patches she has to have her steroid cream too:(

sonia ann
02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Aveeno is lovely:)

funemnx
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
My grandaughter was prescribed aveeno :)

Toothfairy
02-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone.

I did think when I got in from the Dr's he should have given me a script for the bath oil as well, but never mind.

I will go to Boots this afternoon and see what they have got. :thumbsup:

sandy64
02-06-2010, 02:05 PM
we use balneum bath the fucidine your lo uses is for infected exzema ive used it a few times if its not infected now you need other creams as its not to be used for long. diprobase is a good emollient.hope shes feeling better soon

Toothfairy
02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
We only went to the Doctors this morning and got the cream on the way home. Dr said to use it twice a day for a week and to go back if its no better.

It started as a small patch on her thigh but now all of her thigh is covered and it goes all the way around the back, up the inside of her thigh and has started to come down her leg and behind her knee. :(

sandy64
02-06-2010, 02:45 PM
We only went to the Doctors this morning and got the cream on the way home. Dr said to use it twice a day for a week and to go back if its no better.

It started as a small patch on her thigh but now all of her thigh is covered and it goes all the way around the back, up the inside of her thigh and has started to come down her leg and behind her knee. :(

bless she really has got it bad its good cream so will hopefully clear it soon.if sand can make it worse and grass. hope it starts to improve soon:)

Rasharoon
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
My son suffers with eczema. Aveeno is great as is Balneum Plus Bath Oil which you can both get on prescription.

AnnieM
02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I used to use Oilatum on my DS, it worked a treat and as I have quite dry skin, I still buy it for myself from the pharmacy. :)

Toothfairy
03-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
03-06-2010, 08:13 PM
We use Oilatum here, can't get rid of DD's in her armpit at the moment, pharmasist suggested she walks around with her arm up to allow the air to get to it, guessing she doesn't have children!

Stanfield
03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
We have just be pescribed some by our doctor ... cant remember the name of it but it is a body wash rather than put in the bath. It is a thick white cream, looks a bit like sudocrem, it is gross, but does the job!
Could the doctor pescribe one for you?

moljak
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
My DD had eczema more so when she was younger.She still has some bad days mostly on her back, back of knees, under arms ect.
We used to use Oilatum, be careful as it makes the bath very slippy.Now she uses Halo n horns body wash or baby bath. I buy it at asda in the baby section.Think it's £1.65 for a tube. It has all the bad stuff taken out and is really gentle on her skin.She then moisturises with E45 cream.This has made such a difference to her skin and is something we will keep up with daily rather than waiting for a flare up.HTH

Toothfairy
04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all your advice :thumbsup:

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:12 PM
we've always had Oilatum plus for ds. It's got a slight antiseptic in which is lovely.

We also sometimes used to put lavender oil in the bath with it. Makes bath very slimy but it helps loads.:)