PDA

View Full Version : Stepchildren affecting numbers of mindees?

jeng290
02-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Hiya

I am due to go on my ICP course soon, but am confused about how my partners children will affect my childminding. We live separately at the moment but I am planning on moving in and minding from his house. He has a 2 year old and a 3 year old, but the days he has them varies as he has an irregular shift pattern at work. They live about 30 miles away and from September the 3 yr old will be at playschool 5 days per week and the 2 yr old will be there 2 days per week but it is not likely they will be at the house that much (presently they are here 4 days per week). When they are here, will it affect the number of children I can mind? Their father will be here to look after them specifically. I also have a 2 and a half year old of my own. How would this work out? Or would he be better off registering as my assistant so that his children don't count in my numbers? Please help I'm confused :)

Dizzy Ducklings
02-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm pre-reg in Scotland (so I dunno how much things differ...)

But I asked this question on my course, they told me that as long as my partner was there and they were HIS responsibility and weren't getting in the way...
That they don't count in your numbers.

Again I don't know how Ofstead work... you'd best just double check! :)

Hollie-B xxxx