PDA

View Full Version : potential mindee coming any minute now! HELP...

Sharon-Marie
01-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi, I have been registered for since July last year. I mainly care for before and after schoolies and school hols although I have had a temp contract for a 3yr old and odd days with an 18mnth old, these are all fairly casual arrangement tho with people I know, anyway I am flapping right now because...to be perfectly honest I haven't done my reading and "homework" when it comes to early years and...I have a potential 8 month old to start in Sept, this time someone I don't know she seems really nice and keen from tel cons, and I don't want to blow this chance as hours are really good but I feel as tho I don't have a clue what I am doing! Please can you lovely guys give me some pointers/advice on things I must/must not do and say! She has just called to say she will be half hr late, hence I have time to ask yr advice!!! I have thought about charges and deposit, learning journey, all my certificates to show, discussing late/holiday charges, talking about mindees likes/dislikes, naps etc. so what else??? thank you!

AliceK
01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi
Sounds like you've got it all covered. Just remember to explain that you work towards EYFS goals and maybe mention a daily diary?

Good Luck :thumbsup:

xxxxxx

Mrs Pootle
01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Good luck, take a deep breathe and breath slowly. Just be yourself and try to stay calm, I'm sure it will all be fine, keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Sharon-Marie
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow! That was really good! Mum and baby stayed for almost an hour an a half, felt really comfortable, mum def seemed really happy and said I stood out above the other childmninder she had in mind, also I am walking distance from her and she liked that her ds would be getting one-to-one for the time -being (tho she understood this may not be the case long-term), just that I'm a little uncomfortable mentioning prices and contracts etc and hate to make people feel pressuried so I kept saying "anything your not comfortable with, let me know I'm quite flexible and I'm sure we can work things out" and "please don't feel you need to commit now, call me when you've had a chance to think it over..." so whereas I proberbly could have had a def "yes" before she left, i kind of feel I made her go off and mull it over!!! Anyway, that's just nerves I guess...otherwise it was great and I am just waiting for that call...fingers x-ed!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mrs Pootle
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Well done you, I hope she rings soon :clapping:

Beckieboo
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
That great, hope she confirms the booking soon hunxx