PDA

View Full Version : Renaul Grand Scenic

HELEN10
01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Any of you got a grand scenic? I drive a zafira and having loads of probs at the mo so thinking of changing. Are they good on fuel, roomier or not than the zafira, etc.

Would be grateful for any opinions.

Hebs
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
i've got one and i love it :clapping:

HELEN10
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
What size engine is yours, was looking to get just the 1.6 like i have now, do you find it econimcal ?

LittleStar's
01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Ive got one and I love it!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

1.5 engine xx

desiderata
01-06-2010, 08:37 AM
i have the 1.9dci adn I wouldnt swop it for anything:clapping:

Hebs
01-06-2010, 09:14 AM
What size engine is yours, was looking to get just the 1.6 like i have now, do you find it econimcal ?

i have the 1.6 too

its not too bad on petrol actually :clapping:

FizzysFriends
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I have the 1.6 Dynamic and its not too bad on petrol, not brilliant but then a 7 seater is never gonna be.

HELEN10
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I have the 1.6 Dynamic and its not too bad on petrol, not brilliant but then a 7 seater is never gonna be.

Oh was looking at the dynamic is that a posher one than the expression?

misst104
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I drive a bog standard 10 year old scenic but would love a grand scenic - will keep dreaming :)

x jo

Hebs
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM

mines the dynamic too
xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
mines the dynamic too
xx

Me too and I love it.

Sorry to but in on your thread but has anyone had a problem when starting there scenic and it makes like a grinding noise it is only when you start the car and only lasts a few seconds and it doesn't do it all the time. Was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if so what was it, been to the garage but it didn't do it when I was there so couldn't help.

I wouldn't change my car I love it :thumbsup:

Hebs
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Me too and I love it.

Sorry to but in on your thread but has anyone had a problem when starting there scenic and it makes like a grinding noise it is only when you start the car and only lasts a few seconds and it doesn't do it all the time. Was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if so what was it, been to the garage but it didn't do it when I was there so couldn't help.

I wouldn't change my car I love it :thumbsup:

mines the same :panic:
garage have checked it but cant find whats making the noise

Bazza
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Sounds like a starter motor fault perhaps. Sometimes if the teeth get slightly worn they dont fully engage. It could also be an old battery not giving enough power to the starter motor causing the same thing. Will most likey happen first thing which might be why the garage cannot find it as its still warm when you drive it in.

Just done a quick google search for starting faults on Scenics and it seems to be a known issue (but then this happens on loads of cars).

carebear25
01-06-2010, 10:05 PM
im goin 2 look at grand scenic at the weeknd and the a 5 seater 2 hopefully will come away happy xx

wellybelly
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
mines the same :panic:
garage have checked it but cant find whats making the noise

I have the Grand Scenic and mine does that stupid grinding noise as well. Mine went back to the garage for 2 weeks when I first bought it for them to find nothing wrong. Only thing they did say was that it was "just another ****** renault".

I've had no problems with mine, I love it actually. It's rubbish in the snow as its a 1.6 and has no umpfff about it (typical problem with petrol 7 seaters I think) but then again we do live on a steep hill and no one in any car can get off our estate.

HELEN10
11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all your replies, my local mechanic has found me one and i pick it up tomorrow, cant wait to get rid of my zafira, its having one job after the other at the moment!

Rubybubbles
11-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I have had my Grand Scenic for 2 1/2 years and love it:) It was much roomer than my friends Zafira for car seats and my pushchair.

Mines a 1.6 cheap one (:eek: a cars a car in my mind:p ) I hardly use mine though as no need to drive much when working I make them all walk mmmwwwaahhhh

HELEN10
11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes mine walk for school runs too wouldn dream of using for that, but then after that use it for toddler groups etc cos go out of the area.

Only use all six seats though in hols though so was contemplating just getting a normal car as this is just for my job but would be lost in hols without it as we do go all over the place. Mine is a 1.6 too, expression, which i believe is just the basic one.

ajs
11-06-2010, 03:23 PM
i have one and love it too, hubby wants to upgrade the car in november
when our warranty runs out and he was thinking about buying somehting roomier for the kids, but i love the scenic and want another one, as he commutes by train and only drives it once or so a month i think i should decide what car i drive

katieanna
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I have a Renault grand scenic privilege 1.6 and love it!! only problem I have found is kids all argue over who is having the seats in the boot!!!

fiona
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM
i have the 2.0 and its great, i had a Zafira and swapped it for the Renault, love the car, even got the special booster seats from Renault for the boot seats, (they are slim seats) would never go back, mines a 08 plate and i like that all the seats move individually....!!