PDA

View Full Version : Registering with NCMA - Cost?

SaijaM
31-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I want to register with NCMA, does it really cost £95 or am I looking from the wrong place?

Also, want to register with Environmental Health, will the council send me the forms (read that somewhere) or can I somehow do this myself? Any cost there?

I'm in a process of getting registered, so I'm not 100% aware of all the requirements and how to get there yet... I do have couple of course dates left, so may be jumping the gun here, but just want to be ahead and get as ready as possible as early as possible :))

Thanks so much xx
Saija

christine e
01-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Hi

Here is the link to membership and insurance

http://www.*************/PDF/childminder_join_ncma_10-11.pdf

memberhsip is £65 and insurance is £23.60 making a total of £88.60. If you become a member of a local childminding group you may be able to reduce by £5 (this is more for future reference).

Re registering with environmental health you need to ring your local council to do this.

Hope this helps

Christine

zoe2010
01-06-2010, 06:10 AM
iv'e just registered with the NCMA i had my 1st pack free plus a years insurence funded by my council for becoming a childminder check with your FIS they will beable to help you

SaijaM
01-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks so much, I appreciate all the replys :))

couldn't do without you!

xx Saija

naomiesian
01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi, I looked at the cost of registering with the NCMA (no funding available here) and with everything else that I have had to pay out for I just couldn`t afford it..:panic: So I had a look at MM and found them more reasonable, You dont pay a membership price and their insurance is cheaper and covers over 8s which is great for me.. Worth a look before you decide, especially if you cant get funding, I bought the start up package, which includes insurance,fire blanket,contracts,accounts book and lots more and it all comes in its own box file...
Good luck in your decission xxxx