PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Home Practitioners Qualification

lisa-philp
31-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey guys and girls. I wasn't sure where to post so i thought this would be best. Im studying this course from home as i am full time work and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Its asking me to produce a policy for my setting? Does anyone know where i could find this. i mean to me a policy is like 30 pages lol.

many thanks lisa

The Juggler
01-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi, check out the Bromley Childminding website it's great for start up and other policies and you can just adapt them to your needs.

welcome to childminding. :)

jaja
01-06-2010, 08:00 AM
hi

It depends on what the policy is, but i havent got any that are 30 pages long, 2 pages is my max and most of that is waffle, just carnt seem to reduce it, lol....

what about

safeguarding children
hygiene
sleeping babies
car
sickness

for example, hope these help

jen
xx

TammyN
01-06-2010, 08:03 AM
if you put all the single policies together into a booklet like above posts state then it would produce a 30+ page booklet policy!

jaja
01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
hi

It depends on what the policy is, but i havent got any that are 30 pages long, 2 pages is my max and most of that is waffle, just carnt seem to reduce it, lol....

what about

safeguarding children
hygiene
sleeping babies
car
sickness

for example, hope these help

jen
xx

lisa-philp
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
All the course says "produce a policy for your setting to meet diversity within the childminding environment"

Its just becoming very hard for me. And wording it right. Im just about to head over to the Bromely site to see what i can find.

Lisa

Roseolivia
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
All the course says "produce a policy for your setting to meet diversity within the childminding environment"

Its just becoming very hard for me. And wording it right. Im just about to head over to the Bromely site to see what i can find.

Lisa

This sounds like a policy for Equal Opportunities. I agree with what the others have said, you need to look at Bromley site as they're great. Just remember you do not need as many policies as what they have on their website.
Do you have the EYFS welfare requirements as this will tell you what policies you have to have and what is best practice (don't have to have it but looks good to Ofsted and covers you from any trouble parents).

lisa-philp
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
This sounds like a policy for Equal Opportunities. I agree with what the others have said, you need to look at Bromley site as they're great. Just remember you do not need as many policies as what they have on their website.
Do you have the EYFS welfare requirements as this will tell you what policies you have to have and what is best practice (don't have to have it but looks good to Ofsted and covers you from any trouble parents).

Hi I don't currently have anything as i studying the course and finding it quite hard. I have found the policy i need on the bromley website so i am going to have a look at it after work tomorow.

Also with this course what else would i need after to register as a childminder?

Lisa

Pipsqueak
01-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi I don't currently have anything as i studying the course and finding it quite hard. I have found the policy i need on the bromley website so i am going to have a look at it after work tomorow.

Also with this course what else would i need after to register as a childminder?

Lisa

you will need to speak to your local Familes Information Service, attend a pre-reg etc. is this course additional to the ICP (Introduction to childcare practice)?

lisa-philp
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
No this is the first course i have started.

Lisa