PDA

View Full Version : how many obs............

Hebs
30-05-2010, 04:55 PM
do you aim for??

weekly/monthly??

Toothfairy
30-05-2010, 05:00 PM
It all depends on the child and what we are doing.

on average I do 2-3 obs per month per child, but some months I can do more and some months I can do less.

HTH :thumbsup:

sandy64
30-05-2010, 05:35 PM
hi i do a quick photo obs weekly and link it if its an achievement/development i will write more up some times theres not much to write but for mums benefit photo always goes down well. also depends on age how quick they change.:)

snufflepuff
30-05-2010, 06:35 PM
As i only have my 3 eyfs mindees for 14, 15 and 17 hours a week, i am aiming to do 1 proper written obs a month, preferably with photo. But i also do mini obs on post it notes if they do something new or something special.

Tinglesnark
30-05-2010, 07:02 PM
:eek:
ive been doing 1 photo and 1 ad hock per week! ive also done a few floor plan obs too and i was worrying that i wasnt doing enough! - i might chillax a bit now :D

Monkey26
30-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I like my observations to have a photo attached so ALWAYS have my camera on me :laughing:
When i come to use the photos some are insignificant in terms of writing the observation up so it can really vary each month how many i do! Of late, i have noticed that i have had approx 1 a week per child but of course this can change depending on the child or activities we do!
Every other month i set aside 2nights to sort all the photos out, delete the useless blurry ones, email a good mixture to mummies and daddies and use appropiate ones for observations :) At the end of each year they all come off my laptop and onto CD's or memory sticks and stored in my locked filing cabinet.
HTH x

TammyN
30-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I like my observations to have a photo attached so ALWAYS have my camera on me :laughing:
When i come to use the photos some are insignificant in terms of writing the observation up so it can really vary each month how many i do! Of late, i have noticed that i have had approx 1 a week per child but of course this can change depending on the child or activities we do!
Every other month i set aside 2nights to sort all the photos out, delete the useless blurry ones, email a good mixture to mummies and daddies and use appropiate ones for observations :) At the end of each year they all come off my laptop and onto CD's or memory sticks and stored in my locked filing cabinet.
HTH x

great idea, at the mo i think i use far to many photo's, i do add snap shot obs to them and then plan 1-2 obs per month with next steps, etc but have loads of photo's each month even when i tried to cut down, i mite email them and then only put specific one's in file form now on :clapping:

venus89
30-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I tend to find it varies - some weeks I'll get several just on one child and some weeks I can't think of a thing to say! One child is here 6 hours a week and I'm lucky if I get 2 a month. One is here 40 hours a week and he's developing rapidly - I can get 2 a day off him sometimes :D

CHUNKY MONKEY
31-05-2010, 08:28 AM
All good to know :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
31-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't have any fixed amount. I tend to just jot down notes in my little eyfs notebook which I carry round with me it gives initial, date and brief note of what happened. Then about once a month I get out their folders and transfer these notes onto observation sheets with photos if I have them and they are relevant. Then I take that opportunity to look through the folder to see if I can add any more onto the areas of learning or plan an activity to see another.

v 1461
31-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I make between 1 and 3 a month. Some are photos some are quick obs, some are pictures they made.
V

funfunfun
31-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Hya are your obsevations some ppl mentioned once a month ....relateing to EYFS ??

tHANKYOU ??

Hebs
31-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Hya are your obsevations some ppl mentioned once a month ....relateing to EYFS ??

tHANKYOU ??

yes :thumbsup:

Daisy1956
31-05-2010, 08:17 PM
What are floor plan observations?

Playmate
31-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I do obs as and when relevent sometimes more than one in a week and maybe none for a month. Mind you most of mine are a quick photo and a post it, Ofsted were more than happy with that at our last inspection. :D