PDA

View Full Version : what is the best thing you have ever done in your life

lou lou
30-05-2010, 09:38 AM
mine is having my daughter love her so much!!! guess that is why i child mind just hate not being with her she is such a blessing

LOOPYLISA
30-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Snap, having my daughter, love her to pieces :thumbsup:

Meeting hubs, wish i had sooner :blush:

And passing my driving test 10 yrs ago :thumbsup:

Hebs
30-05-2010, 10:00 AM
having my kids obviously comes top of my list of the best thing i have ever done

BUT

i am most proud of passing my driving test, it was so hard and stressful and took alot of hard work but i am proud to say i passed first time (good job cos i doubt i'd have re-sat it :laughing: )

lou lou
30-05-2010, 10:04 AM
that is something i really need to do is pass my driving test but scares me so much i learnt once and my driving instructor got cross with me and that was it i gave up so worse thing i could of done really.

TheBTeam
30-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Same here having ds and dd, although they do drive me mad some days!:blush:

The next best thing I have done is to give up worrying about what people think of me and being scared to have fun and have the confidence to be the person that i want to be, this took till i was 40 to achieve, so have been enjoying this new freedom for four years as of last week.

Also the most pleasurable non child related thing I have done is a cruise down the Nile, this was an amazing experience and a sight I will never forget.

singlewiththree
30-05-2010, 01:56 PM
A static line parachute jump! I wouldn't do it again but it was a wonderful experience :)

I also loved the hot air balloon ride I did. For my 40th I'm going hand gliding or a zip wire. :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
30-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Same here having ds and dd, although they do drive me mad some days!:blush:

The next best thing I have done is to give up worrying about what people think of me and being scared to have fun and have the confidence to be the person that i want to be, this took till i was 40 to achieve, so have been enjoying this new freedom for four years as of last week.

Also the most pleasurable non child related thing I have done is a cruise down the Nile, this was an amazing experience and a sight I will never forget.

Cruise on the nile, we are thinking of doing it end of next yr, you would def recommend then ?

Hebs
30-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Cruise on the nile, we are thinking of doing it end of next yr, you would def recommend then ?

i would :thumbsup:

the things you'll see will stay with you forever :clapping:

Gizmo
30-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Dumping my ex for his mate we have now been together for 14 years married for 12 and have 2 lovely daughters :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
30-05-2010, 04:30 PM
A static line parachute jump! I wouldn't do it again but it was a wonderful experience :)

I also loved the hot air balloon ride I did. For my 40th I'm going hand gliding or a zip wire. :clapping:

Hubs bought me a balloon ride for my 30th, still got to do it :D

TheBTeam
30-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Definitely, we did it the year before we had children, so about 12 years ago, did a 4star, cos wasnt worried about the room service bit of 5star. The food and whole cruise experience was fantastic, although it was only a week you pack so much in that it seemed longer, and yet we weren't rushed off of our feet or worn out.

There is not a sight in the world that will stay with me like the site of waking up on the first morning and seeing the Nile/Palm trees etc outside (we arrived in the dark so coming on deck in the morning was the first we saw) and it was breathtaking, the whole experience was never to be forgotten.

We went at the end of October/beg of November and the heat was about right. The included tours on the boat and the optional one we did to Abu Simbel and we just had a fantastic time.

Would love to do it again, but dont want to spoil the memory I have of the first mornings view.

Carpet Monkeys
30-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Firstly having my wonderful kids, but taking the big hurdle of moving half way around the world and spending a fantastic 3 years learning about other cultures, living an Expat life and visiting some wonderful countries too ... it was great!

LOOPYLISA
30-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Definitely, we did it the year before we had children, so about 12 years ago, did a 4star, cos wasnt worried about the room service bit of 5star. The food and whole cruise experience was fantastic, although it was only a week you pack so much in that it seemed longer, and yet we weren't rushed off of our feet or worn out.

There is not a site in the world that will stay with me like the site of waking up on the first morning and seeing the Nile/Palm trees etc outside (we arrived in the dark so coming on deck in the morning was the first we saw) and it was breathtaking, the whole experience was never to be forgotten.

We went at the end of October/beg of November and the heat was about right. The included tours on the boat and the optional one we did to Abu Simbel and we just had a fantastic time.

Would love to do it again, but dont want to spoil the memory I have of the first mornings view.

Thanks, will be def looking into it x:thumbsup:

caz3007
30-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Obviously my three children are top of the list.

But the best thing I ever did was leaving my violent ex after 16 years and meeting my new hubby, who although he irritates me sometimes, he loves me to bits and I him

chibault
30-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Having my son (not the birth!) but just caring for him and getting to know him, there is nothing more special. He is the best thing in my life!