PDA

View Full Version : The End is in Sight!

P.Miracle
29-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I went to my first Childminding Registration Information session with my local childminding network in October 2009.

I have completed my First Aid training, my ICP (waiting on exam results) attended other training courses about childminding, health and safety, development and learning, and attended my local childminding network's annual conference.

I have bought all the safety equipment, play things, and paperwork with necessary memberships, etc.

I have had a pre-reg visit that went well (at the time thought it was the actual inspection LoL!)

I have had 2 families visit me and have agreed to sign with me once my registration is complete.

And to top it all off, I will be working in partnership with my local college to take on students as assistants so they get experience for their childcafre qualifications. I feel I will definately need an extra pair of hands around once my new baby comes in Dec!

So I'm now waiting on my CRB forms to clear- not anticipating any problems (I'm a good girl!) so hopefully won't take too long.

I'm just so excited and I really want to crack on with looking after children now!!!

I feel very fortunate to have things go well so far and hope my luck is catching to you all!!! =)

Pipsqueak
30-05-2010, 08:23 AM
you have been a very busy lady:clapping: :clapping:

Blaze
30-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forum.:)

cherishcare
30-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow I'm impressed!

How did you go about getting the partnership with the college? I live quite near mine and was thinking of doing the same.

Azzie x

CHUNKY MONKEY
31-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Well done you, I hope your luck doesrub off on me :laughing:

P.Miracle
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Wow I'm impressed!

How did you go about getting the partnership with the college? I live quite near mine and was thinking of doing the same.

Azzie x

Hey Azzie =)

I called up the college and asked who to speak to in regards to providing a work placement for students who need chidcare experience. The reception then found the right number...(the work placements team, I think.) When I spoke to them, I said that I was a registered childminder, looked after children ages 0-8 yrs and wanted some information about inviting students to have a placement with me so I get free help and the students get their chidcare experience to complete their qualification. They were really friendly and helpful and said they were crying out for different settings for students to visit, especially as they needed experience particularly with young babies as it's hard to find tiny ones in nursery settings.

Hope this helps!

If you want any more info, just PM on here and I'll get back to you.

Also, I'll be posting information about this on the forum under the Minding Chat section in the Registered Assistants Forum as I feel very lucky to have this opportunity and think that working in partnership with colleges to promote learning all round is an excellent way to give back to the community as well as helping somone on their learning journey...and getting a free extra pair of hands and eyes for yourself, too LoL!

All the best, Penny

padpad83
02-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Wow that's great!! :clapping: well done you! :)

pinkbutterfly
02-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Just a question ... what are Ofsted's requirements about the work placement students? I assume they all need Ofsted approved CRBs ... how about First Aid certificate and does your registration certificate have to be changed every time you have a new helper to inculde them in it?

P.Miracle
02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Just a question ... what are Ofsted's requirements about the work placement students? I assume they all need Ofsted approved CRBs ... how about First Aid certificate and does your registration certificate have to be changed every time you have a new helper to inculde them in it?

Hello Butterfly!

I have written about the process I have expereienced so far in this forum under "Minding Chat" in the topic of "Registered Assistants". I think you'll find a lot of your answers there.

I'm not sure if the students have first aid themselves (I think they do) and if students are with you for only a term (3 months or less) they don't need to be registered with Osted, I think Ofsted may just need to be made aware that you are using students as assistants.

Hope this helps! =)