PDA

View Full Version : Self Care theme planning ideas

rainbowmummy
29-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Hello there

Under the six Learning and Development headings of the EYFS I am putting down a few activities such as

CLL - Little princess book, I want my potty or songs this is the way we wash our face... on a cold and frosty morning.

Physical - Teeth care and hand washing

KUW - Germs, the importance of water

PSE - What things can I do for myself, what would I like to do. How to care for dolls/teddies. Practising putting clothes on withthe dressing up box.

However I am struggling under creative (which is normally the first section to be done!) the only thing i have is designing our own hand washing reminder posters and PSRN, where I have nothing! :o

Any ideas?? Children from 2yrs to 10yrs THANKS

Toothfairy
29-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Could you cut out 4 blank body shapes and then cut out pictures of different items of clothing and shoes for different seasons. Then you could get the children to stick which items of clothing they think is appropriate for each season on to the appropriate body.

rainbowmummy
29-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Genius! Great idea thank you.
I am also going to expand this for the younger ones for their learning journey files... these are the things I can do by myself.

:thumbsup: x

rainbowmummy
08-06-2010, 06:36 PM
an idea that was a big hit with the kids incase anyone else wants to cover this topic...

Designing our own germs with junk modeling

love381
02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow, cool idea about the junk modeling!! x