PDA

View Full Version : Any one booked flights with BMI ? im confused

funfunfun
29-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Hya

I think i may be bein a bit on the dense side this morning :) Although i have never booked a flight before .

I was looking at booking flights to murcia with BMI to find out the cost .

When it comes to the baggage section im totally baffled do i actually need to pay for suitcases ........as i think this is what i have to do ??

The bit says checked baggage ?? what does that mean
(how embarressed am i )

Doesnt specifie weather there is some sort an allowance per person . And i have looked on the info page ...not sure weather its just me or weather the info is a bit vauge ?

Can anyone give me any advice ??

Thankyou

christine e
29-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Flew with them last year and had to pay for hold luggage

here is a link about allowances

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/airlines/bmi/

funfunfun
29-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Hya i have just checked on there although im still non the wiser?

Is hold luggage where you suitcases go ??

christine e
29-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Hya i have just checked on there although im still non the wiser?

Is hold luggage where you suitcases go ??

Yes hold luggage is your suitcases that you check in and hand over to them

Cx

funfunfun
29-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Thankyou ....so id need that but not for the children ? thats right isnt it

christine e
29-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Is this any clearer?

http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/faqs/baggage/baggage_rules.aspx

The thing is with low cost airlines is that your price is basically for your seat on the plane then you pay extra for anyting other than hand luggage.

sillysausage
29-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Try and get everything into as few suitcases as possible without going over the weight allowance (looks like it is 18kg per person with a max of 32kg for any one piece of luggage). So I would put your children's clothes in with yours, maybe get everything into 2 large cases?

For the first time this year me and DH are off on our own (no kids!!!) and we are going to stick to hand luggage only (:eek: )......now that will take careful planning! good job it's only for 4 nights.

funfunfun
29-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Thankyou i read that bit too :)

Its ok if i have to pay , i just wanted to make sure i paid if i needed to as didnt want to turn up and them say actually you never paid for this type of thing

Thankyou

Hand luggage 4 days erm im not sure i could handle that with the amount of crap i take away :)

Thanks again

beccas
29-05-2010, 03:31 PM
takeme funfunfun i can fit in your luggage allowance im sure... when yougoing you best not be going on 18th june.... thats making music fun day

funfunfun
29-05-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL

i wish i was going then , I iwll have to start work b4 i book anything :)