PDA

View Full Version : Healthy eating ideas

Joannechildmind
28-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Our topic is healthy eating just wondered if anyone has any ideas??

sandy64
28-05-2010, 11:43 AM
hi i did healthy eating in march i did lots of fruit and veg sticks made a chart for us to put stickers on each time we ate fruit or veg lots of exercising made assualt course did painting using fruit and veg read books about healthy eating dentist etc. food ideas eggs, rice cakes toas.t fish cakes lo help make them,pasta,rice, with chicken/fish i mainly did fruit/veg and activities as my lo are young. then at end of month each had a certificate:)

Trouble
28-05-2010, 12:36 PM
taste test with fruit and veg

but before you do it make sure when you give the parents a list of what they will be trying and ask if they can have them or have had them before with signature

i did this one and every parent signed i gave 1 child kiwi who had never had it before he was fine but the next time he had it he ended up in A+E now has an epipen for life:eek: close shave for me but not good for them

Joannechildmind
28-05-2010, 01:24 PM
taste test with fruit and veg

but before you do it make sure when you give the parents a list of what they will be trying and ask if they can have them or have had them before with signature

i did this one and every parent signed i gave 1 child kiwi who had never had it before he was fine but the next time he had it he ended up in A+E now has an epipen for life:eek: close shave for me but not good for them

oh gosh i would never of though to ask for parents signature for food never been tried, parents always say they are happy to try new foods. Will def do this now.

Thanks for all the great ideas i have loads now !!!!

sophiemarie
28-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi this site is great to you for Heathy eating www.foodafactoflife.org.uk we have been following the lesson plans and the children love it :)

babs
28-05-2010, 03:59 PM
when i did my nvq i was told children shouldn't try new foods unless they have done so at home twice beofore hand...

sophiemarie
28-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Gosh I have worked in early years but never heard that is it something new??

babs
28-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Gosh I have worked in early years but never heard that is it something new??

not sure if its something new but if it is i have broken that rule loads of times:eek: :eek: i was shocked when she told me...