PDA

View Full Version : Suspension of care and NCMA policy

cuffleygirl
27-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Do you think if we got enough of us together we could lobby for a change in NCMA contracts to allow us to suspend care for non-payment?

No one else is expected to work for no money - why should we be different particularly when we pay a subscription to them and MM manage it.

How many of you think it would be worth putting maybe a petition/or similar together?

There is a thread on here currently that shows the effects of non payment why should we be in this position?

Hebs
27-05-2010, 10:09 AM
DEFINATLY

pip posted a thread about this yesterday, but i do think a letter with names of us minders who want change sent off would have more clout that individual complaints

Millenium
27-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Maybe a more practical consideration would be to not use NCMA contacts???

My contracts provide for one months notice to terminate EXCEPT in the case of non-payment where I only have to serve seven days. Additionally, you should consider taking a month's money at the start of the contract to hold as a deposit, fully refundable when the contract ends. In this way, in the event of late payment, you will always have the "deposit money" to fall back on whilst serving them notice. This does of course mean that they will have to find two month's money at the beginning but its your business to run how you wish.

I know this sounds a rather draconian approach but as they say, "Once bitten, twice shy".

The Juggler
27-05-2010, 10:23 AM
i know lots of us have written/gone to regional forum meetings and fed back on this. Namely, that if parents breach contract how can we breach it too by suspending care! How can they sue for loss of earnings when they have already caused us loss of earnings??:panic:

I know I have (and others) fed back the numbers of people we alone know who are taking out MM insurance rather than NCMA because of this lack of support and we have warned about loss of membership (the fees from which support NCMA in their role in the other lobbying etc they do for us).

It just doesn't make sense to me:panic: :panic: I think something needs to be done. A petitition/lobby might help or enough of us writing to them saying the same thing.