PDA

View Full Version : Chickenpox question

Cazz
26-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Is a child contagious with chickenpox before the spots appear and if so how long before?

A child I was minding last Monday has come out in chickenpox spots this Tuesday - so 8 days later. I just wondered if my dd may have already been infected?

We're going on holiday in 5 weeks and if she's going to get it I'd rather it was done and dusted before then!!

Blaze
27-05-2010, 12:17 AM
It has an incubation period of 2-3 weeks (max) & children usually recover within 7-10 days of the onset of symptoms (rash, fever, headache)...so worse case senario 5 weeks (ish).
HTH:)

PS Just double checked my book as it's late & what I had written is correct.:thumbsup:

grindal
27-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Hope you manage to avoid it! My mindee came down with chicken pox 3 weeks ago. I finally stopped checking DS1 and 2 for spots yesterday and when I collected DS1 from playgroup they had a big sign up saying they had chicken pox there :panic:

charleyfarley
27-05-2010, 06:32 AM
When mindee and Mitchell got them it was exactly 2 weeks later Charley and my Hubby got them and then exactly 2 weeks after them other mindee got them. Luckily I avoided them, not sure how!

Hope you avoid them :thumbsup:

Carol xx