PDA

View Full Version : Changes to planning

snufflepuff
25-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Im making some changes to my planning (i currently just plan for one mindee but next week i have 2 newbies starting so need to jig things about a bit) and just wanted to see what you all think. All mindees are one year old, one attends 3 short days and the others attend 2 full days each.

Im going to do individual planning on a monthly basis, with one planned activity per week per child. It will show the activity, comments and next steps, and an eyfs link. This will go in to their learning journals. Do i need to have a starting point on it eg why im doing the activity??

I was going to do a general plan to show things like toddler groups, trips to the park, messy play, outings, which child's individual activity we are doing that day etc......do you think i could just write this in my big diary to save on paper and printing? Or do i need it to be a paper so i can file it afterwards?

Medium term planning is a sheet divided in to 6 boxes for the 6 areas of learning- mindees are too young for a theme so id just transfer their individual activities in to the relevant box and also add some activities that are for all children, to make sure im covering all 6 areas evenly- does that make sense?

Does all that sound ok?!

sarah707
25-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I would do a routine sheet so you are not duplicating information about places you go and things you do every week.

You could put one copy in each child's file.

The rest sounds fine to me! :D