PDA

View Full Version : Nearly there...

VINASOL
22-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm 'nearly' registered...just waiting for hubbies CRB to come back and that's it (should be couple of weeks at most).

Although I have two children of my own, I'm new to childminding, and as it's all happeneing faster than I thought, I'm getting a little anxious in case i forget anything. I don't have any children lined up yet - apart from over 8s - but am hoping to advertise as soon as I am registered.

I feel a right donut because i didn't know i had to register with environmental health and wondered what else I need to do.
* need to register with NCMA
* need to get liability insurance
* need to change car insurance
* obviously need to buy certain equipment - age appropriate:panic:

I'm beginning to start makign more plans for activites and stuff, but have a feeling am missing something major lol :idea:

Any help really appreciatedx:thumbsup:

VINASOL
22-05-2010, 05:50 PM
how do i delete posts? i'm doing somethign wrong i think so want to delete

sarah707
22-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm 'nearly' registered...just waiting for hubbies CRB to come back and that's it (should be couple of weeks at most).

Good news! I hope it comes through quickly for you!

Although I have two children of my own, I'm new to childminding, and as it's all happeneing faster than I thought, I'm getting a little anxious in case i forget anything. I don't have any children lined up yet - apart from over 8s - but am hoping to advertise as soon as I am registered.

There's a useful thread on advertising here ...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

I feel a right donut because i didn't know i had to register with environmental health

It's in the Eyfs statutory framework but otherwise not widely talked about... you should have been told on your training though.

It depends on where you live, some areas are keener than others.

That's one of the reasons why the forum is soooo fab! You get views and up to date information from around the country

and wondered what else I need to do.

those 2 are linked - you can buy your insurance from either Ncma or Morton Michel.

If you buy from Ncma you also need to be a member.

if you buy from Morton michel, you are just buying the insurance. No membership charge.

If they charge a lot more than your current quote, consider looking elsewhere.

morton Michel are competitive if you have an import for example.

Yes but not really until you have a child who needs it or you could be wasting your money

I'm beginning to start makign more plans for activites and stuff, but have a feeling am missing something major lol :idea:

You might need to inform your house insurance company and your mortgage company -check with them to make sure.

Some childminders find they are not insured for accidental damage so it's worth a call.

Maria I have sent you a pm about your wish to delete your post.

If you reply and let me know, I will take it away for you.

Hope this helps :D

CHUNKY MONKEY
22-05-2010, 07:34 PM
:blush: Where does it say about Environmental Health in the EYFS? :blush:

Mookins
22-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I feel a right donut because i didn't know i had to register with environmental health and wondered what else I need to do.

all exciting stuff, am sure you havent forgotten anything just you worrying lol
id start putting word aroung now hun
xx xx

sarah707
22-05-2010, 07:49 PM
:blush: Where does it say about Environmental Health in the EYFS? :blush:

It's in the food and drink requirements -

Providers should be aware of their responsibilities under food hygiene legislation including registration with the relevant Local Authority Environmental Health Department.

:D