PDA

View Full Version : What age do you start doing arts & crafts with young mindees?

Leelee
22-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Just running through my resources list in my continuous provision and trying to age group them to see if Im offering enough but not sure what age range to put down for Arts and craft materials! Is it appropriate to put All Ages seems as though it's nice to let the babies do finger painting and handprints and things (with help obviously, lol) ??? What do u think?

caz3007
22-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I have a Lo thats just turned 1, he only started with me recently and we are going to do be doing finger painting and gloop. So would say that art and craft covers all ages

sandy64
22-05-2010, 12:12 PM
depends on lo and what messy things your doing ive been doing painting with 11mth old.

candy cat
22-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I have done painting with a 5 month old....he joins in every we do.....very messy :laughing:

TammyN
22-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I do painting with my lo's hands, feet, finger play and they started at 4-6mths old :clapping: the parents love the keepsakes and memories

sillysausage
23-05-2010, 01:15 PM
As others, I do crafts with children as soon as they start showing an interest. If we're painting and I have a baby on my knee they will get to hold a paintbrush to see what they do with it etc

Tina O
24-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I love messy arts and crafts and would start as soon as they are interested.... just need to make sure what ever you are using can be eaten!:laughing: :laughing:

SandCastles
24-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I love messy arts and crafts and would start as soon as they are interested.... just need to make sure what ever you are using can be eaten!:laughing: :laughing:

That reminds me of the time my lo ate more paint then he put on his paper, I was checking paint labels for toxic symbol, while getting him to drink juice and also wiping with baby wipes. It was a frantic moment, but he was actually fine. I decided then to supervise every second while he painted until I could trust him more.