PDA

View Full Version : HAYFEVER AND SORE THROAT................

LOOPYLISA
21-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Are the two connected ?

I have never had hayfever, but over the last 2-3 days i have had a sore throat, no other symptoms, just wondered if it could be some sort of hayfever ?

huggableshelly
21-05-2010, 09:20 AM
can be, it depends on the pollen count.

I get the sore throat with runny nose and itchy eyes

stop shouting hee hee, try some throat sweets first.

LOOPYLISA
21-05-2010, 09:24 AM
:thumbsup:

We have had builders in the garden, dust flying about etc, could be down to that i suppose .

huggableshelly
21-05-2010, 09:27 AM
yep builders dust would do it!

The Juggler
21-05-2010, 01:21 PM
i got it last year, really runny eyes, tickly sore throat - needed to cough all the time and very bunged up nose.

grindal
21-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I get bad hayfever and it always starts with a scratchy throat! I find fizzy drinks help :eek:
Then lots of antihistamines

mum26
21-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I have bad hay fever one of the symptoms is a very tickly throat - just wish I could scratch it sometimes. Antihistamines help loads though.

The Juggler
21-05-2010, 09:55 PM
i have it again tonight. is pollen count high today. am trying to resolve it with red wine but it's not helping:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gizmo
21-05-2010, 10:04 PM
the red wine is helping mine loads lol that and the tablets and the nasel spray :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
21-05-2010, 10:09 PM
the red wine is helping mine loads lol that and the tablets and the nasel spray :laughing: :laughing:

ooh! haven't tried that combo, might dose up before bed -a good nights sleep ahead of me I think with that lot in my system!

Mollymop
21-05-2010, 11:16 PM
i am not sure sweetie. But my gp told me that I am allergic to pollen when I went to see him about my "face-ache" (sinisitus)

I have never suffered from Hayfever even though both my sisters (little and big) do

I get chronic sinititus - gives me jaw, teeth and faceache - went to dentist paid £40 to tell me it was the above

then went to gp for him to say the same - but I never ever suffer with hayfever -

so it might be all connected too just like your sore throat, ears, nose, throat all connected etc

Mollymop
21-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I just re-read you post, sorry lisa

I get sore throats a lot with out any other symptom - come all seasons, so might be just a start of a cold or an infection. See how it goes. If it is there for a week an doesn[t get any better see your GP might be a throat infection x

The Juggler
22-05-2010, 09:00 AM
i am not sure sweetie. But my gp told me that I am allergic to pollen when I went to see him about my "face-ache" (sinisitus)

I have never suffered from Hayfever even though both my sisters (little and big) do

I get chronic sinititus - gives me jaw, teeth and faceache - went to dentist paid £40 to tell me it was the above

then went to gp for him to say the same - but I never ever suffer with hayfever -

so it might be all connected too just like your sore throat, ears, nose, throat all connected etc

me too Molly, all year round - it's awful. if the pollen causes allergic reaction making sinuses worse is that not hayfever of a sort then?? Anyway came on to say to try this Vogel remedy - called Plantago. It's a plant extract that thins mucous. It really helps and reduces the amount of sudafed and painkillers I have to take and reduces the amount of infections I have.:)

Hebs
22-05-2010, 09:09 AM
i have something :laughing:

cant decide if it's hayfever or a head cold or both :panic:

been taking hayfever tablets and the sneezing has stopped

but i'm still bunged up and have a sore throat (just getting my voice back now)

and this mroning the tummy troubles hit (not nice i can tell ya :blush: )